• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

I replaced the longer bolts that held the stock filter housing to the intake plenum with two M8x1.25x25mm bolts, which are the same length as the other bolts in the plenum. I then took the aluminum replacement block the dealer put in place of the original fuel pump off and taped the old supply line up, completely removing the stock fuel components off the side of the block. 

12 hours ago, trreed said:

Made some progress on the VP install today, mostly concerning the tappet cover gasket and a stock filter housing delete.  @TFaoro also helped run an extra coolant line to monitor coolant pressure in the cylinder head.  The VP did go in the truck, but it is not tightened down yet, and I am waiting for the black paint to dry on the injection lines.  Pictures of the VP and black injection lines will follow tomorrow, but all I have for now is the tapped cover gasket.  Yes, that is yellow paint in the lifter valley, and I am not sure why it is there... Also I am aware my engine is dirty.... (pictures loaded backwards)IMG_3216.JPG.269887834f2dde91e15b1bc75ba12728.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3219.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

Way to get those in order :rolleyes: 

Any compressor housing pictures?????

2 hours ago, trreed said:

Yeah, that's all the filter mounts by. There are two hoses as well, but I already had those disconnected from the fass install

Same here, I got rid of all the hoses when I put my FASS in. Might go ahead and do this now. What grade bolts did you go with?

9 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Same here, I got rid of all the hoses when I put my FASS in. Might go ahead and do this now. What grade bolts did you go with?

He went with 8.8's. Shouldn't really matter. It'll bend the aluminum before it breaks the bolts. 

BTW!!!! @trreed was being lazy and wouldn't cut the stock lift pump bracket so it was smooth and sexy against the block. I tried!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BBHD said:

Hmmm...wacha got left?

I've got a stock manifold and a stock intake horn, a stock air box, and a stock fuel filter housing.... I've also got a full stock exhaust and a 62/65/12 from DPS

Got the VP in this afternoon, along with getting the lines painted and reinstalled, and got the intake horn put back in place, which finished up the VP replacement. All that's left is to get the manifold and the turbo on. @TFaoro, no pictures of the compressor housing just yet. 

IMG_3227.JPG

Edited by trreed

The intake horn is chromed steel.  It's from a Crazy Carl's twin kit that Tyler had.  Only reason I have it is to have a mechanical boost gauge to compare to the Quadzilla. And unfortunately, it does not have any tab for the dipstick tube, so zip ties it is!