• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Isspro trans temp gauge

Going to work today, i was cruising at 45mph on county road. Noticed my gauge said i was running hot at 190f. R brake wasnt on and didn't notice anything unusual. So i tried driving differently and it only slightly affected it. 

So i thought maybe it was the gauge. Got onto highway road and got into lock up at 60 and it went down 30f. But soon after came right back almost. 

The slower i went the hotter it got. So when i got to work i checked the fluid and it was good level not burnt and still red. 

After work, i started the truck after sitting 10 plus hours and the gauge said the trans was at 130f. No way that's possible! I dunno why it suddenly is acting up. 

Anyone ever experience this? Its like it has an offset going on or something. Is it the probe, gauge? I don't have an amplifier box on it. Just the sensor wired to the gauge...

• Owner

Pull the sensor connector pack the plug with di-electric grease and cycle it in the socket 3 times. The problem will go away. I had the same problem this winter in -20*F weather showing my transmission being over 200*F. Not likely. This is all caused by salt water off the highway.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Well, have no idea what happened, but it works just fine now. Did not even get a chance to grease it up. Next day it was reading just fine...

Heres to hoping it was just a fluke. I theorize it may have gotten water or snow up in the sensor area and compromised something and threw the reading off. Otherwise, if it is not a fluke I would not have the first clue as to what could cause something like this.

• Like 1