• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Diagnostic Option Missing From iQuad App?

Arodrigues29

Engine light came on today, did the key trick and got P1693 companion code. When I went to find the real code with my Quadzilla App, the "Diagnostics" option was missing altogether. Did they change something I'm unaware of with the app? Can't be on the truck side that, that option is missing correct? Didn't show up on my phone or tablet iQuad app by the way.

Edited by Arodrigues29

I know this is diverting from my original question but... My CEL and limp mode was gone this morning but I scanned it after work and the code came back 0237 MAF/Boost sensor. Could a bad MAF be the cause of my Quadzilla issues?

Edited by Arodrigues29

Truck has had the faintest lope at idle, for about a week, no other issues in driveability until yesterday. Noticed a decrease in power in every gear, first time was shifting into 4th while merging, I was accelerating but gutlessly. On my way home, I got a CEL. This morning I had the light with the power loss still, went to Dunkin Donuts on the way to work but when I came out had no light/no power loss. I scanned it after work and that's all I got for a code, 0237. As far as Quad issues, my Quad seems to freeze up, can't tell if it's the app or the ADR itself. Have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work again. I've had the Quad for over a year and have always intermittently had to do this reset.

Edited by Arodrigues29

No everything freezes seemingly randomly speedo/gauge/moniter wise but I can still adjust power levels. I have mechanical gauges so the app pretty much only reads the base line. Electronic gauges don't sit will with me so I never switched them over to run off the Quad

I sprayed some electronics cleaner in all my plugs and hit them with dielectric grease back when I was having weird lift pump issues. I also heat wrapped that connection and taped it up. It's extremely intermittent. I've had it freeze 2 days in a row and then go 3 months of normality.

• Owner
1 hour ago, Arodrigues29 said:

I've had it freeze 2 days in a row and then go 3 months of normality.

That is still the iQuad app that is freezing up. I would suggest checking over at the download area for possible updated app. Maybe you just unlucky and got a bad download of the app for your device.

If you are still able to adjust levels the app isn't Frozen. Sounds like a back connection at the canbus plug.  The quad will keep the last valid value active on the screen so a frozen screen means it hasn't received an update from the ecm.

• Like 1

• Owner
3 hours ago, Arodrigues29 said:

Truck has had the faintest lope at idle, for about a week, no other issues in driveability

Now being down that road I would suggest you think about pop testing your injectors. This is not a Quadzilla issue at all. Injectors are either sticking a bit at idle or getting pissy.

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Now being down that road I would suggest you think about pop testing your injectors. This is not a Quadzilla issue at all. Injectors are either sticking a bit at idle or getting pissy.

Yea, that was going to be my next step. I didn't know if my lope, engine light, brief stint in limp mode was caused by a failing MAF, for which I got the code for. Figured it possible that the Quad was acting up for the same reason. 

9 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

If you are still able to adjust levels the app isn't Frozen. Sounds like a back connection at the canbus plug.  The quad will keep the last valid value active on the screen so a frozen screen means it hasn't received an update from the ecm.

I'll clean the connection again. And give it a whirl. I had some strange lift pump issues awhile back which sent me on the endless quest to clean all grounds and connections. Ended up being the FASS harness itself. I've had some quirks over the past 2 years that always make me think my ECM is shot but they always seem to dissapate before I can nail the problem source down.

Use the Quad to troubleshoot with,  it will tell you whats coming out of the ECM.  Datalog stuff and try to narrow down issues with the data coming out of the ecm.    Things like boost are read directly from the ecm until ~16psi so if you are seeing weird things happen with boost at or near idle / driving slow and like a grandpa, then the ecm is telling you that there is an issue with the map sensor or the wiring for the map. 

The scope of what the Quadzilla does in it's tuning is nothing new by any means.  The V2 tuning is only a user based way to change how much fueling the quadzilla alters the OEM by, but the rules of the "canbus world" are the same.  The inputs and output sections of the code are over a decade old.  

Think of it as a house, we remodeled the interor but the mail man doesn't see any difference...  he still delivers the mail to and from the post office the same way he always has.   lol if that makes sense.  

That explanation was perfection! I have to do some tuning changes... I went from 60 to 120 injectors recently and have not had the time unfortunately to straighten it out. I chalked my slight idle lope up to that, but the MAP code through me a little off course. Thank you for the continued help, I'm going to watch my data logs more often and set time aside this Sunday for some tune changes.