• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Correct glue for Dash Bezel Fix...

• Staff

Tried different glues for compatibility since I have a broken Bezel and found ABS pipe glue works very well and does not come off.

I'm also laminating a piece of decorative cowboy Hide just over the top to add strength and hide cracks. Kinda tough to do but one trick is to glue a larger piece on there and then trim it later after glue sets up. Careful with the front edge.

Edited by JAG1

Ha, I fiberglassed my dash on inside and was going to use some sort of hide/leather for same reason and never finished it. I think I might do it soon if I feel board. Is abs good for that too?  I guess it may be as it's made to melt plastic for bonding. little Honda I drive to work now has that vinal dash and I like it, other vehicles have it too, be better than carpet on top.

Edited by Dieselfuture

• Staff

Sometimes I feel like a bag of pieces lol.

I know it works on the bezel but the dash part might be PVC so would need pvc glue. There is also a combination glue that works for ABS and PVC pipe so do a test by smearing some on the underside and see if it sticks and won't come off first.

I glued leather pieces to the underside where the cracks were for reinforcement and then decorated the top with a strip of leather. It looks pretty good on there but is hard to cut so it looks even. Just have to push and pull so it lays tight around the compounded curves and looks good in front, tape it till it sets up.

• Like 1