• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

LED Headlights

12 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

Great idea. Thanks 

:thumb1:  Once you find one and get it installed it's hilarious how bright they are.  My setup looked liked a second sun coming down the road with everything on.  Pictures and videos don't do justice of how bright the big bars are in my opinion.  I will say about my 50", I was scared beyond belief someone would steal it....any of my lighting for that matter.  I was extremely cautious of where I parked.  I'm a worry wort with my automobiles.  

• Like 2

Man, I never thought about someone stealing a lite bar! I lead a sheltered life. Guess that's a good reason to buy a cheapie!

My son has one(50")mounted to luggage rack on his suburban. He bought it used and unable to tell brand but lights up the world. When my wife saw it, she decided it was a must have. 

• Like 1

I currently have 5 Auxbeam LED lights on my truck, 2 spots under the rear bumper, 2 spots on my headache rack and a 20" bar on the grill guard.  I installed all of them last summer, they all still work great, no yellowing, no moisture accumulation and they definitely got wet this winter.  I paid $40 for all 4 spots and $50 for the bar, all on Amazon.  I plan on getting a 30" bar to replace the 20" so it completely fills the gap on my grill guard. 

• Like 1

I got an auxbeam. 52 inch curved 5d lens style. Bought a set of apoc brackets to mount it. The harness that came with it leaves to be desired for some. Might buy a different one or just swap the switch. The gauge size is a little small. Gets warm but it has an in line fuse at least. 

• Like 1

I don't think this picture does it justice. It's really bright! My headlights don't even compare. I could turn my headlights off and not even know!

I have noticed a couple immediate drawbacks, though. With the light mounted up, it puts a good amount of light on the hood even. So it was a bit difficult to adapt to. Makes seeing things out further challenging. Although, i saw ALLOT. Wind noise is terrible. If i go faster than 30, it's deafening. Going to have to put some door stripping on the fins.

Gotta figure out what to do about the light hitting the hood though...

20170328_231158.jpg

Edited by hex0rz

That is why some have mounted further back. The reflection off the hood will cause night blindness. I have a smallish 32" mounted to my bumper. It puts out more than enough for me. I might mount one in the headache rack when I get around to building it. Just as a work light/ get off my butt light for tailgaters.

Ah schweet. OK middle pic is pnp leds. You can see the hot spots. 1st and 3rd are the hids. I only was able to set cut off last night as far as being level. They need to come up quite a bit from the little bit of driving I did last night. And ignore the oil on the ground. Stupid gear box is leaking. Steering box should be here any day.

received_1345308088891138.jpeg

received_1295652967189984.jpeg

received_1345375585551055.jpeg

Edited by jlbayes

17 hours ago, hex0rz said:

Wind noise is terrible. If i go faster than 30, it's deafening. Going to have to put some door stripping on the fins.

Forgot to mention you're going to run into this...but it is fixable.  It does sound like you're about to get sucked into Dante's Inferno. 

I never had a reflection issue with the hood on my JK but my bar was a "combo" light pattern.  It's a spot for the middle (30") and then the two ends were a flood pattern (10") for a total of 50".    

Edited by sooxies

• Owner

Then I come along and just finished my sport headlight relay mod. I need to get photos at night time of the lighting. Not as good as @hex0rz or @jlbayes but at least there is more light than stock headlights with fogged up lens.  Yes, I did figure out a way to reduce the previous 4 relay and 4 fuse kits to 2 relays and 1 fuse kit. This will make them much cheaper to produce. 

High beams with my fog lights. Of course, the fog light overwhelm the headlights.

0404170640.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 3