• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS failure found!

• Owner

First off I got to say Thank You to @Chris O. for producing a wonderful tool for me to beta test for him. I've managed to test the speed sensors and see the right front is dropping out below 30 to 40 MPH. It drops to zero while the left shows signal. This produces weird ABS action and pulling left fairly hard. Everyone knows I've changed sensors and tested wiring. I've talked to several tire shops and found an answer. The tone ring has most likely broke free on the hub. So I'm hunting for a used unit bearing for testing purposes. Anyone have old bearing laying around?

14898668020351250352807.jpg

• Like 2

• Owner

@Chris O. is the one to talk to... He's in the beta test phase now. As for the BoD here we are in full support of him and hoping to get this to market.

What I can use so far is the ABS tests, CTM is for high line modules I've got a standard, Air Bag code reading, then displaying info from the CCD network like battery temp etc.

• Staff

Can a PCM be tested before you take it out of a truck in the junk yard? Also, do you have to have the truck batteries hooked up for a test?

I think this goes above and beyond :thumb1:

Thanks to Chris O.

Edited by JAG1

Can a PCM be tested before you take it out of a truck in the junk yard? Also, do you have to have the truck batteries hooked up for a test?

No sorry that's not recommended hooking up power to a junkyard vehicle with most of its wiring probably messed up.

@ Mopar1973Man when you have a chance and you have your laptop setup you should set all the ID options to ON in the log settings menu, then go back to the main gauge and try to take a log file.

IMG_20170319_105006068.jpg

IMG_20170319_104941852.jpg

Edited by Chris O.

Oh man I don't have all the IDs nicely organized in one place but all over inside the code,  it will take me a while to get it all. 
Some of the messages are unknown even to me.

Let's start with brief explanation off the CCD BUS. Messages on the CCD-bus are flowing in a series a bytes. 
Every message starts with an identification byte (ID byte) There’s no way of knowing what every single byte means.
Some messages can be reverse engineered by trial and error. The last byte is a one byte checksum value, inbetween is the message if any. The checksum byte is calulated by summing all the ID and Data Bytes.

256 is then subtracted from that sum. 
The subtraction will end once the checksum falls within 0-255 decimal range.

ID36 Vehicle Speed
/***************************************************************
[0] = 36 = Vehicle Speed
[1] = SPD_MPH
[2] = SPD_KMH
[3] = CRC

Example: 36 15 24 75
SPD_MPH = 15(DEC) mph
SPD_KMH = 24(DEC) km/h
CRC: 36+15+24 = 75; 
***************************************************************/

ID109

/***************************************************************
[0] = 109 = Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
[1] = VIN_POSITION
[2] = VIN_VALUE (ASCII DEC)
[3] = CRC
Notes: the messages are ~3 seconds away from each other so the
reading of the full VIN will take ~1 minute

Example:

109 Pos.1   ASCII.49 159 
109 Pos.2   ASCII.66 177 
109 Pos.3   ASCII.52 164 
109 Pos.4   ASCII.xx CRC 
109 Pos.5   ASCII.xx CRC 
109 Pos.6   ASCII.xx CRC 
109 Pos.7   ASCII.xx CRC 
109 Pos.8   ASCII.xx CRC 
109 Pos.9   ASCII.xx CRC 
109 Pos.10  ASCII.xx CRC 
109 Pos.11  ASCII.xx CRC 
109 Pos.12  ASCII.xx CRC 
109 Pos.13  ASCII.xx CRC 
109 Pos.14  ASCII.xx CRC 
109 Pos.15  ASCII.55 179 
109 Pos.16  ASCII.52 177 
109 Pos.17  ASCII.50 176 

VIN: 1B4xxxxxxxxxxx742

***************************************************************/

Edit:
When you select ID in USB Log Settings it will show up a brief explanation in the Message box.

Edited by Chris O.

• 1 month later...