• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

Quadzilla Tunes   06/12/2017

QUADZILLA TUNE REPOSITORY - There is now a Quadzilla tune download area. When you submit a tune file to the download area it will automatically create a forum topic that allows discussion of your tune. So export your tune and upload it to the site. Then we all can help out in building better tunes. Check it out gang...
    • Mopar1973Man

911 Support Group   06/22/2017

Hey Gang, I've got the 911 support group database back up and running once again. It's listed in the 911 support category. It will allow members to list their contact information and location so other have a listed of members to call upon in the time of need. So if you wish to support other member please stop by and add your listing into the database. https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/911-support.html/contacts/
Florin1

Towing Help (Concerns)

32 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, notlimah said:

Wheel bearings? 

Can you physically see the pads dragging? 

I tend to think bad pads and/or warped rotors before bad calipers.

If you can afford the truck to be down a bit longer maybe just change pads and rotors and see if that fixes it. If not then you can look at either bad calipers or bearings. 

Yup. The pads have contact with disc the whole time. 

Your calipers could be full of debris and other garbage.  Make sure to bleed the system really well and rebuild the calipers or replace them.  Don't bleed the system after you put to calipers on you run the risk of flush debris back into the calipers. 

Hmm. So you think I should flush my system first thing before I even pull off the old parts? That's a good idea. Probably waste 1 pint of fluid... but no biggie

yea simple steps first! New fluid, pads and rotors are all relatively cheap compared to brand new calipers.

30 minutes ago, Florin1 said:

Hmm. So you think I should flush my system first thing before I even pull off the old parts? That's a good idea. Probably waste 1 pint of fluid... but no biggie

I would absolutely flush it first.  If you were to put new calipers in the system and flush debris into the piston, you could end up with the same problems that you have now.  An extra bottle of brake fluid is cheaper than brake parts.

1 person likes this

What fluid? Just dot-3,4? Or some expensive stuff?

Also, should I be looking into new wheel bearings? Since it looks like I'm gonna be tearing into he hub?

17 minutes ago, Florin1 said:

What fluid? Just dot-3,4? Or some expensive stuff?

Truck calls for dot 3 but I've been used dot 4 fluid for the past 6 years with no problems.  I wouldn't use dot 5 or 5.1.

24 minutes ago, Florin1 said:

Also, should I be looking into new wheel bearings? Since it looks like I'm gonna be tearing into he hub?

Is there anything wrong with them?  If it ain't brook don't fix it is my policy.