• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going to Dynamic!!

If I'm remembering what he said correctly, he said for stock chargers up to about a 62 sized charger he runs a stall speed around 2-300 lower then stock. Said any bigger charger and it would lag with that lower stall speed and that he typically just leaves it at stock stall speed for guys running huge chargers.

28 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You won't be sorry you have him do you transmission work. I'm still enjoying my 46RE that he built. Still shifts strong and pulls strong.

I can't wait! I know he doesn't like to brag but he mentioned one guy towing a huge triple axle toy hauler all over the US with something like 75k worth of hauling it on the rebuilt trans and when he went to service it he said it looked as good as the day he built the trans. That's the kind of longevity and piece of mind I'm looking for!

Edited by notlimah
  • Like 3

On 3/23/2017 at 2:48 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

You won't be sorry you have him do you transmission work. I'm still enjoying my 46RE that he built. Still shifts strong and pulls strong.

I'm with Mike.  Not too many miles yet on this one but I towed my toyhauler to OR coast and back this week and performed flawlessly.   GVW a bit over 17,000 and had the Comp on 5x5.  Would bury the pyro so could only use about half throttle.  I did back it off to 3 but still wanted to run over 1,300* but I haven't J-hooked the turbo yet.  You WILL be happy!

RR

Russ Ditch hole.jpg

• Like 4

Glad you chimed in @Russ Roth really looking forward to May! 

1 hour ago, pepsi71ocean said:

I too would like a long term update. I have about 46k on my dtt transmission, but I'm always going to be wondering about it.

And if things i may just ship a trans out there for him to build for me.

I'll definitely keep you all in the loop long term. 

@Russ Roth meant to ask, did you have Jon put a deep pan on? Are you running a trans temp gauge?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, notlimah said:

Glad you chimed in @Russ Roth really looking forward to May! 

I'll definitely keep you all in the loop long term. 

@Russ Roth meant to ask, did you have Jon put a deep pan on? Are you running a trans temp gauge?

I have a deep pan and a temp gauge.   I had the pan and gauge already.  He used the Georend flex plate.  Had trouble with welds on what he had been using and upgraded.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2017 at 7:29 PM, notlimah said:

I see you went with the mag-hytec pan, does that also come with a port to tap into for a temp gauge? Also, did you request Jon to use the Goerend flywheel? 

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I bought My mag pan used in excellent shape on eBay, it did have the tapped port already, not sure if previous owner did it or if it comes like that.

Jon suggested Goerend flywheel because of their good rep. For $350, its cheap insurance on a $4,500 tranny...  

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:42 PM, CTcummins24V said:

Ask Jon if he drills a hole in the input shaft for added flow/lube, if you could. And what stall and blade converter you go with.

Asked him and he said that he doesn't drill any holes in the input shaft but does drill holes for added flow/lube, just not directly into the shaft. He also stated that stock stall speeds are roughly 2000rpm, maybe slightly higher, and that for a stock truck up to my future turbo (62/65/12) he recommends going with a 'slight lower then stock' converter and said it should fall roughly around 1750ish-rpm. Anything bigger and he recommended closer to stock stall speed. I'm also going to have him install a Goerend flex plate which is says is typically needed around the 500hp range.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2017 at 9:29 PM, crf450ish said:

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I bought My mag pan used in excellent shape on eBay, it did have the tapped port already, not sure if previous owner did it or if it comes like that.

Jon suggested Goerend flywheel because of their good rep. For $350, its cheap insurance on a $4,500 tranny...  

I also have a tap on my mag pan. But i don't use it, i get my temp from the output line.

8 hours ago, notlimah said:

That's the hard line right? Did you tap it?

Question for @Russ Roth and @crf450ish, did you guys go with the cascade converter in your builds?

Yes it is the hard line, I ended up using a T fitting and it has compression fittings on it.

Once it set up, it was good, but torquing the fittings was a bit.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

If you ask Dynamic he'll say to place the sensor in the pan not the hot line of the cooler.

I brought that up when I built my transmission, but they told me the double deep pan would give me cooler readings then the output line, which is coming right from the transmission. So So i can only wonder if Dynamic is talking about normal or double deep pans?