• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Causes of a miss

Started up today to hook up my trailer for the next morning. It was chilly so I left it idle about 5 min. to give the batteries a charge because I knew I would only be moving a short distance. Got under my trailer and got a hiccup. While dropping the trailer on it did it twice again. Pulling up my hill to turn around it did it once under load and was fine after that. I'm hoping it was a fluke and I'll find out tomorrow if it continues, but I'm just wondering what to look for. I'm leaning towards something electrical but would like to hear from others. Truck ran fine the day before.

Assuming you checked ac noise from alternator and fuel pressure is good and no codes then injectors could be a problem. I believe mine went the same way too, just randomly started to miss. Though it was vp but had no codes, so changed injectors and it got better but then expirienced same miss and discovered too much ac current. Fixed alternator and been good for few years now. Few months ago I had a similar miss just once, hoping nothing bad.

Yes, I should have mentioned FP is 20psi, AC is in check, and no codes. I'll see if and how often it does it again and report back. Good to know about the injectors. One thing I wanted to upgrade anyway.

While we're talking injectors. I have genuine Bosch cores to send in. Would it be advisable to have nozzles put on my bodies as apposed to getting aftermarket units? I'm thinking that would be about the same price as buying a whole unit in aftermarket but I'd still have Bosch bodies. I'm assuming the bodies are the same just the nozzles are different. Would DAP do that? Does it even make sense?

Took it for a pretty good trailer pull run today and it didn't miss a beat. I agree that injectors are on their way out. My long idle yesterday morning made it noticeable. I'll wait until DAP gets their pop test machine fixed and order some 7x8.5s???