• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ecm apps help

Irondime

Hello. I got a 2005 5.9 I fried the ecm battery cable arced while it was running. Truck would crank but not start. Don't know what else it may have fried.

So I got a remanufactured ecm. Truck started right up but I had dead pedal. Tried to reset it a few times but still wouldn't work. Procedure I used was unhooking batteries with key on overnight. Key off, connect batteries. Key on but not start. Pedal to floor slowly then back up slowly. Key off. 

I've read that is for earlier models, that the 05 with the apps built into the pedal resets every time u key on. I don't know. 

So I ordered a new apps pedal assembly thinking I may have fried it also. Can't get it to work either. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Ok my elm 327 came today. It came with a little disc and no directions. 

What app should I download to my phone and will I need to do anything with this disc

Started messing with it. Tried 5 different apps. Most need a paid full version. 

What info am I looking for?

Also getting code p1755

Torque works fine with the elm327

You are looking for what the various sensor are reporting at idle and when the issue occurs.

Try a throttle input sweep while watching TPS on the app.  Does it follow your throttle movement?

Are you seeing any odd readings?

Ok I got the full version of torque. Made a custom screen with all the accelerator gauges. Most don't read anything at idle. One reads 0.2 .

Nothing changes when I press the pedal. Just idle. 

Quick question. The pedal apps sends signal to ecm to accelerate then ecm sends signal to what?

Really want to trailer it to dealership and get a flash. They said they'd do it for $100. The company i got the ecm off of was sure they programmed it correct. This is the second ecm they sent me. First one did same thing. Everything was ok except dead pedal. 

Almost has to be that the software they are using was wrong on both or a wiring issue.

All wires from apps go to the ecm then it's grounded or is there a wire from that 5 or 6 prong plug at the apps that goes to a ground somewhere that may have arced when I fried the ecm

Hope you get this figured out.  The reason I traded off MightyWhitey was due to APPS codes that I couldn't get a handle on.  I couldn't have an essentially unreliable truck with Dad having health issues etc.  APPS issues are a *****.

• 5 months later...

my truck is still down. towed it to the dealership and they wanted to put one of there ecm's in it for $2650 with no guarantee it will fix it and no returns. its at a different shop now. tried a new fuse panel that didn't help. got a mass airflow sensor on order now to see if it might fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Could be wrong but sounds like a wireing issue to me, you're getting high  and low volts. Maybe melted wires in wireing looms, or a ground someplace, most times when you have a lose ground it will do odd things. Might need to get a wireing diagram and start ohming wires.

Look at connectors, a lot of times that's where you'll find a bad spot, especially if it was lose to begin with, that's where heat is created. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

• 4 months later...

what's up everyone. my truck is still down. I am looking for a new TIPM (fuse box). would like to buy a new one but I can only find used. any ideas? # is p05026036ac. thanks

previous post said I tried one already but now that mechanic now has doubts about the one he tried. so I just wanna buy a new one

Edited by Irondime

• 3 months later...

got my truck going about a month ago. it was the remanufactured ecms the whole time. I mailed my original fried ecm to a repair service and it fixed the dead pedal. place where i bought the remanufactured ecm won't give me my money back because it's been more the a year. they told me that there is a difference in the programming for 05 and 05.5s and it was their mistake. they are mailing me back the reman ecm after I sent it back for "testing".

truck has been running great. got lots of new parts it didn't need. I did get some nice battery cables from genos.

cost me a couple grand in the end. the $200 repair on my original ecm is all it would have took the whole time. I'm so pumped about having my truck back i don't care