• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New paint on the way!

10 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

Are you painting this yourself? 

No but I have done some prep work like swapping out both of those doors, and I flap wheeled the roof and sanded hood to prep for my Buddy at work. He used to be a body guy and has done lots of custom paint work and he's doing it the rest for me! 

• Like 1

keeping it stock. two toned black/silver. 

I had thought about a vintage color like this but opted to just keep it stock and spend the money on higher end paint. I'm doing omni plus base/clear. 

58dcffa131519_69ChevyC10311.jpg.c9e6479eed25bd6c1badc5c449360a12.jpg

Edited by woodtrucker

• Staff

Two toned black and silver, for some reason, those two colors on a second gen totally makes it :thumb1: . Don't know what it is about the darker colors on our trucks, but, IMO it makes even newer trucks not look as good anymore.

Edited by JAG1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everybody. It is a great feeling to know that my clear coat is not turning into rust! 

Good suggestion Mike.

01 cummins-My father in law has graciously offered his farm truck for hauling wood so if there is a change I'll be getting into tight spots, I'll gladly take him up on that offer! 

• Staff

That truck is beautiful.

Please find a way to secure it though... I got home last night to find a stolen second gen on my dead end road.  There was a police car and another pulling out with the crook, they caught the guy and was hauling him off after the chase ended on our dead end road :thumb1:

BTW, I just think these second gens are going to become a classic. They look so nice in the styling.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2