• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rough idle starts, then no tach or oil press

https://youtu.be/HOrBN5rbowk

I've done quite a bit of diggin the last few days on here. And have came across several good places to start. But being mobile and searching through everything on a mobile device. Organization has been an issue. In the video above, it showing the trip and OD. But once you start driving. You get the no bus, message. And on the scanner I'm getting J1850 or CanBus not found. I've had a series of codes, though. Mainly being P0336 & the never disappearing 1693. Cam/Crank Sensor replaced, this week. It's an Encore Block, so it mounts below the ip. As well as an intermittent series of 1687,93,94,98. But only here and there since this has started... I know you guys are probably a lot quicker on the trigger, on what pins and where to begin, in order to check for short to grounds assuming that is probably the issue... so fire away boys, many thanks in advance. 

Edited by Ahamrick87
Typos

Going out on limb here and thinking you have a 98.5 with both cam and crank sensors? The 336 is for the crank sensor and maybe thats your issue. The crank sensor is by the starter. What year is your truck?

The other codes are pointing at the pcm but intermittent which maybe just a loose connection. Have you been doing any work around the PCM?

Edited by dripley

Ok help me help you guys out a best as possible here... as for doing work around the pcm itself no. But this post is referring to the 02'. Encore block based of QuickServe data. And the clearly stamped "56" below the VacPump. So to reiterate the Encore design, at the BEX expansion plant.  Please correct me if I am out of line here, knowledge is power. It just has the cam style Hall sensor on backside of front cover. And no sir, no sensor behind the start motor. It has a blocking tab in place. Similiar to what a KDP tab would look like. But just note I've had the VanAken timing box on it from day one. And for some ungodly reason, given a superchips flashpaq I figured what the let's see what happens. So presisted to load the EconoMax tune, and well here I am. Even after setting back to stock and a few convos with Edge Inc....(Sp.Chps) I really want to believe and hope that this is just a short to ground, or faulty diode/transistor in the harness.(fingers crossed, although I could be completely off path). Let me know what else I can do to help, I have several cummins, shop literature books and the fsm, in my arsenal. I could share the wealth of them to any interested. 

IMG_0605.PNG

I personally had never heard of an encore block and did a quick google search and thought it was an older block from what little I found so i took a stab at it thinking it was from around the 12v to 24v transtition. I have had my 02 since new and never heard of an encore block. It would help if you post up some info on the truck to help everyone know what you are working with. You can fill out your signature in your profile so  it shows every time you post.

Something else I noticed in your video is your volt meter is dead also.

Edited by dripley