• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What a day

dripley

I am fine. Never much felt the impact. Air bags did not go off and neither did the beamers. The gal driving it was all to hell. Took me 2 or 3 minutes to get her to unlock the door. and talk to me. She hit the Dodge in front of her pretty hard then I hit her. 

I had my foot on the brake when I saw everyone slowing up in front of me. 5 cars in the lane beside and ahead of smacked into one another and folks in that lane darted over into our lane running folks into the emergency lane.Then the other truck hit the car in front of it and the beamer smashed him and then came the chicken man. Last man in the pile up. We went from 40 to 0  in quarter second..

Appreciate ya'll asking but I am fine but disgusted. 

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

That's sad to see.... I'm sorry for that happening. Steel can be bent back and replaced. As long as the drivers are okay, that's what matters. 

The beamer driver was shook up pretty bad and they took her to the hospital to check her out so hopefully she is OK. Once I got her out of the car she calmed down some but said her back and leg was hurting, but she was up and moving around.

45 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

I'm glade you're OK but that sucks.  Do you have collision coverage on the truck?  

i do fortunately. Going to look at better in the morning but is should not be to difficult to fix.

47 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Glad to hear you're ok!!

Here's to hoping the repairs will be quick and cheap!

Thanks. Hope it will be also.

• Staff

That's a nice truck Dave. I like the color. Make sure the frame is still square. I hope the BMW lady learns to drive a nice truck instead. Looks like she was lucky really.

Dave, now we know how you get those addresses and phone numbers to those cute Beamer Babes, lol.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JAG1 said:

That's a nice truck Dave. I like the color. Make sure the frame is still square. I hope the BMW lady learns to drive a nice truck instead. Looks like she was lucky really.

Dave, now we know how you get those addresses and phone numbers to those cute Beamer Babes, lol.

My front bumper was almost inside her car and the other guys bumper was on top of her engine. 

Beamer Babes, what I am going to do with you. I gave her your phone number.:bolt:

3 hours ago, Killer223 said:

truck doesnt look to bad, fenders and hood don't look to be moved much if at all. looking at the body lines.

glad your ok.

It destroyed the bumber, covers and grille. It also tore my steering brace loose on the driver side and the sway bar came with. The steering wheel was turned about a quarter turn to drive straight. Drove fine all the way home. going under her here soon and get them both off and see it anything else appears to be damaged. Bent the right front fender in at the head light a little.

3 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

Who got the ticket?

They did not issue any last night. Just missed a call from the highway patrol officer so I am sure they are going to hand out a few before it is over with. The idiots that cut over into our lane to miss what was happening in their lane just kept on driving.

• Staff

I'm glade to hear that the damage is not to extensive and may be easily fixed. 

7 hours ago, dripley said:

The idiots that cut over into our lane to miss what was happening in their lane just kept on driving.

That's one of the reasons I have a high def dash cam in my work van, see who did what with no he said she said BS. 

• Like 3