• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

7x0.0085 +75HP SAC Injectors from DAP

Mopar1973Man

@notlimah realistically, if you have outgrown the hx35 studs would be a good thing to put in.   Obviously your situtation dictates the choice, but in terms of perfect world situtation studs are high on the list once you are maxing hte map of an hx35.

Has nothing to do with boost or whatever, just in terms of what point in most guys build is it a good idea.

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2

• Owner

Yes optimally studs would be good idea. That is why my current tune is limited on the max fuel to bring max boost back to 40 PSI. Then again I'm focused more on MPG than HP/TQ so majority of my run time is 2 to 10 PSI of boost. Hardly doubt head gasket will fail there. Nice to have the passing power back.

6 hours ago, Me78569 said:

@notlimah realistically, if you have outgrown the hx35 studs would be a good thing to put in.   Obviously your situtation dictates the choice, but in terms of perfect world situtation studs are high on the list once you are maxing hte map of an hx35.

Has nothing to do with boost or whatever, just in terms of what point in most guys build is it a good idea.

Makes sense that's for sure. I think I'm going to end up with rv275's (or something similarly sized) for a while before I bump up to a bigger turbo and injectors. Good to know for future upgrades though.

2 hours ago, notlimah said:

Makes sense that's for sure. I think I'm going to end up with rv275's (or something similarly sized) for a while before I bump up to a bigger turbo and injectors. Good to know for future upgrades though.

Hijack, I was reading turbo diesel register, for automic guys towing, they said you should have an injector turbo setup where you can hold the pedal to floor To keep line pressure up on the tranny and have managble egts. Injectors are only $400-$500 and can always be upgraded and used ones sold.

12 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I love how people think I've got the bug. Being with the Quadzilla with my old 50s was easy to the control. So jumping up another 25 is not what I call going nuts.

You're forgetting the hybrid turbah.... A 6mm jump on the compressor side is a fairly large step up from the stock 54mm...

Edited by trreed

• Owner

Turbo has nothing to do with launching the truck from a stop. Just releasing the clutch from stop not touching the throttle will produce a pretty good lope as the truck starts to roll. 1st hear isn't bad at all just 2nd gear. Once you apply throttle it's gone. During that time the turbo is even being fuelled yet.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Turbo has nothing to do with launching the truck from a stop. Just releasing the clutch from stop not touching the throttle will produce a pretty good lope as the truck starts to roll. 1st hear isn't bad at all just 2nd gear. Once you apply throttle it's gone. During that time the turbo is even being fuelled yet.

Normal with bigger injectors. I'm guessing it's the ECM overcompensating and undercompensating. As you go bigger with it'll lope more to an extent, then remain the same. 

• Like 1