• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

7x0.0085 +75HP SAC Injectors from DAP

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Finally, the injectors came on Thursday. I waited till Saturday to come home so I've got the weekend to install the new injectors. Very clean looking injectors, fresh copper washers already supplied. I was kind of shocked though, as posted on DAP page...

https://dieselautopower.com/diesel-auto-power-75hp-performance-injectors-7x0-0085-sac-vp7x85sac75/

Set of 6 Diesel Auto Power 75HP Performance Injectors for Dodge 24 valve Cummins. 7 hole (0.0085 inch holes) SAC style. Compatible for years 1998.5-2002. Installation kit included: (Injector connecting tube removal tool/nut, copper sealing washers, and o-rings for connector tube). new copper washers.

The injector connector tube removal tool was missing and o-rings for the connector tubes was missing. What you see in the photo is all I got. Kind of disappointed to find out that the crossover tube o-rings and the tool were not in the package. 

These are the injectors I would recommend for you.  .010" pintle lift/, mild extrude hone= approx 43% more fuel from the nozzle 1.86LPM

So I really do hope these babies are clean running... We'll find out very soon as of tomorrow.

DSCF4006.JPG

DSCF4008.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

I hope they sent mine with crossover tube O rings as a couple of mine are leaking bad. 

The "removal tool" is literally a nut that is supposed to thread onto the tubes. I don't think the nut will work though because the tubes are recessed. 

• Owner

Here you go... Stock on top and the new +75HP Sac on the bottom.

0402170904a.jpg

See the difference between stock VCO's and the +75HP SAC's

0402170905.jpg

All peeled apart and ready for new injectors...

0402170904.jpg

Now just using my current tune they are very smoky using my old tuning. Now I'm going to sit down and create new tunes for both performance and economy sides on the Quadzilla so this will clean up the smoke and bring the EGT heat down too. 

• Owner

Basically wide use of timing is now allowed. 19-20* is really smooth and quiet now. Economy tune I've started from 90% and worked up from there. Performance tune is starting from 100% and up from there. Wiretap had to be reduced quite a bit to control upper end smoke. Still trying to weed out some of the smoke yet. Boost wise old tune and the new injectors it would bounce a easy 45 PSI. EGT's are still bit hot and going to weed some of that out too. I'm not going to post it quite yet till I get it cleaned up more. 

• Owner
44 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Did you do studs too?

No.

I did trip into town test the tune I created and go play with my new injectors. Funny part is I've now got just a small hint of loppy idle now when the A/C cycles in it might lope for a few revolutions then quit. Power is quite impressive. I'm going to be working on my tune to filter out the smoke and bring the MPG's up. As for the previous post about studs I'm not worry about it because now that I've cut my wiretap back quite a bit to clean up smoke the boot is stopping right about 40 PSI. My priority right now is the MPG's to cut my travel expense so drag racing or high boost runs are going to be rather rare.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

First long run. I like the power increase but still got to tune out a bit more of the smoke. It's not bad but I'm looking for bit cleaner run. City from light to light trying to launch its a bit lopey launching from 2nd. 1st gear is fine. Still got a bit of mopey idle randomly which doesn't bother me. I know I've got to calibrate my OBD Link on the next fill. So far I'm likimy the Injectors, smooth running accepting the 19 to 20 timing good.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:47 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

No.

I did trip into town test the tune I created and go play with my new injectors. Funny part is I've now got just a small hint of loppy idle now when the A/C cycles in it might lope for a few revolutions then quit. Power is quite impressive. I'm going to be working on my tune to filter out the smoke and bring the MPG's up. As for the previous post about studs I'm not worry about it because now that I've cut my wiretap back quite a bit to clean up smoke the boot is stopping right about 40 PSI. My priority right now is the MPG's to cut my travel expense so drag racing or high boost runs are going to be rather rare.

Stock HG is good to 45-50 right? I was more asking out of curiosity. I know they're expensive but still cheaper then replacing the hg right?!

48 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Stock HG is good to 45-50 right? I was more asking out of curiosity. I know they're expensive but still cheaper then replacing the hg right?!

Boost is NOT a good reference for cylinder pressures. It depends on timing, boost, temperature, etc. 

If I were Mike I would at least check one of the head bolts to make sure the gasket hasn't seated over time. Studs wouldn't be a bad idea, but when money is tight ya gotta do what ya gotta do 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, notlimah said:

Was over 60psi with stock head bolts & gasket, no way shape or form a good measurement on when they will go.

I love how my corruption for power is spreading on here. :woot::burnout:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

I love how my corruption for power is spreading on here. 

I never plan on having the power you do but I know every time I add a little more it is fun and addicting. Just as much fun to watch Mikey with the bug.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

Was over 60psi with stock head bolts & gasket, no way shape or form a good measurement on when they will go.

I love how my corruption for power is spreading on here. :woot::burnout:

Gotcha. So what's the best way to measure pressures then? 

1 hour ago, dripley said:

I never plan on having the power you do but I know every time I add a little more it is fun and addicting. Just as much fun to watch Mikey with the bug.

Same here. It is killing me to drive this stock 12v lol

19 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Gotcha. So what's the best way to measure pressures then? 

Unless you have a few thousand dollars to measure cylinder pressures.....there isn't one.

5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I love how people think I've got the bug. Being with the Quadzilla with my old 50s was easy to the control. So jumping up another 25 is not what I call going nuts. I've got to work with the idea of MPG, my exhaust brake, and stock head gasket.

Denial is the first step. ;)