• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rebuilt transmission where to stay away from

Ok guys as y'all know I'm looking to ditch my nv 5600 and go to a nv4500 I've been looking for a build able  4500 but ain't had no luck yet, so I if I was to have to buy a re man where  the best place, of course cpp is a deff no, ats  I will never be able to afford, and I'm reading lots of bad reviews on all state gear, standard trans Blumenthal,  Midwest trans and just about every one of them 

18 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

ATS you should run away from anyway. Overpriced purple paint.

Remember you only hear the bad reviews online, usually not the good ones. 

@Mopar1973Man seems happy with his.

Either way make sure it has a fully splined main shaft and the 5th gear fix. 

Kinda my thoughts on ats  too, and yes I know u normally only hear the bad, but I do look at the reviews and try to interpret them, cause I'm more concerned over warranty and customer service, cause I filed complaints against cpp and there response was that they never put used parts in there's and that I broke the trans even tho they never seen it

Inland truck parts and service.

They have many stores and do good quality work.

http://www.inlandtruck.com/

When looking for an NV4500 remember that GM ran them for several years in the 90's as well. Just need to remember to remove the counter weight off the trans output shaft I it comes from a 6.5 GM diesel.

Edited by Wild and Free

5 hours ago, Wild and Free said:

Inland truck parts and service.

They have many stores and do good quality work.

http://www.inlandtruck.com/

When looking for an NV4500 remember that GM ran them for several years in the 90's as well. Just need to remember to remove the counter weight off the trans output shaft I it comes from a 6.5 GM diesel.

Yes also has to be a 1996 or newer if it's a gm the older gm ones had a diff mounting bolt pattern that won't mount to the bell housing for the cummins