• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
stevens cummins

Rebuilt transmission where to stay away from

Ok guys as y'all know I'm looking to ditch my nv 5600 and go to a nv4500 I've been looking for a build able  4500 but ain't had no luck yet, so I if I was to have to buy a re man where  the best place, of course cpp is a deff no, ats  I will never be able to afford, and I'm reading lots of bad reviews on all state gear, standard trans Blumenthal,  Midwest trans and just about every one of them 

ATS you should run away from anyway. Overpriced purple paint.

Remember you only hear the bad reviews online, usually not the good ones. 

@Mopar1973Man seems happy with his.

Either way make sure it has a fully splined main shaft and the 5th gear fix. 

18 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

ATS you should run away from anyway. Overpriced purple paint.

Remember you only hear the bad reviews online, usually not the good ones. 

@Mopar1973Man seems happy with his.

Either way make sure it has a fully splined main shaft and the 5th gear fix. 

Kinda my thoughts on ats  too, and yes I know u normally only hear the bad, but I do look at the reviews and try to interpret them, cause I'm more concerned over warranty and customer service, cause I filed complaints against cpp and there response was that they never put used parts in there's and that I broke the trans even tho they never seen it

Inland truck parts and service.

They have many stores and do good quality work.

http://www.inlandtruck.com/

When looking for an NV4500 remember that GM ran them for several years in the 90's as well. Just need to remember to remove the counter weight off the trans output shaft I it comes from a 6.5 GM diesel.

Edited by Wild and Free

5 hours ago, Wild and Free said:

Inland truck parts and service.

They have many stores and do good quality work.

http://www.inlandtruck.com/

When looking for an NV4500 remember that GM ran them for several years in the 90's as well. Just need to remember to remove the counter weight off the trans output shaft I it comes from a 6.5 GM diesel.

Yes also has to be a 1996 or newer if it's a gm the older gm ones had a diff mounting bolt pattern that won't mount to the bell housing for the cummins