• Announcements

• Mopar1973Man

Quadzilla Tunes   06/12/2017

QUADZILLA TUNE REPOSITORY - There is now a Quadzilla tune download area. When you submit a tune file to the download area it will automatically create a forum topic that allows discussion of your tune. So export your tune and upload it to the site. Then we all can help out in building better tunes. Check it out gang...
    • Mopar1973Man

911 Support Group   06/22/2017

Hey Gang, I've got the 911 support group database back up and running once again. It's listed in the 911 support category. It will allow members to list their contact information and location so other have a listed of members to call upon in the time of need. So if you wish to support other member please stop by and add your listing into the database. https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/911-support.html/contacts/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cummins2001

Exhaust brake question?

2 posts in this topic

I was looking at getting an exhaust brake and was pretty disopointed at the cost to get one. Has anyone ever tried making a homemade one with success? I run a auto and I was thinking can I just use the pull cable style to engauge and disengauge the brake? Sceems like that would be eaiser if you remember to disengauge it. I have already got the TC lockup switch. If anyone has done this maby you could share your blue prints on how you did so and what parts you bought. Thanks Tim

I remember long ago over on CF.com someone had produced there own exhaust brake but I've never seen anything about it again... I know exhausr brakes are spendy but the saving on brake part in just a few years makes it worth it... Like myself I've not changed my brake pad since I bought my truck brand new... 167K miles and still got pads yet... I figure my first brake pad change with be at 200K miles roughly... :thumbup2: