• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Exhaust brake question?

I was looking at getting an exhaust brake and was pretty disopointed at the cost to get one. Has anyone ever tried making a homemade one with success? I run a auto and I was thinking can I just use the pull cable style to engauge and disengauge the brake? Sceems like that would be eaiser if you remember to disengauge it. I have already got the TC lockup switch. If anyone has done this maby you could share your blue prints on how you did so and what parts you bought. Thanks Tim

• Owner

I remember long ago over on CF.com someone had produced there own exhaust brake but I've never seen anything about it again... I know exhausr brakes are spendy but the saving on brake part in just a few years makes it worth it... Like myself I've not changed my brake pad since I bought my truck brand new... 167K miles and still got pads yet... I figure my first brake pad change with be at 200K miles roughly... :thumbup2: