• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wheel bearing failure.

That sucks, did you have any signs aside from your abs being on. Grouling when taking off ramps maybe. On the bright side you'll get new bearings and have no ecl.

Few years back my front bearings were starting to growl a little, at least sounded like to me. That's when I greased them and seems good so far.

Edited by Dieselfuture

• Owner

Very sudden failure. Started darting back and forth on the I184 and I got off the interstate and could hear the growling. I knew I was done. So I limp to shop I had to pick up parts for a friend and here I sit.

@MUDDY is going to pick me up and trailer my truck to Parma, ID.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Glad you got rescued Mike! Sorry to hear about all the troubles your trucks been giving you lately.

One things for sure is you're making me nervous about my trip out to Dynamic next month!

Every time I read about someone else's issues it immediately makes me feel like my truck will do the same for some reason! I can't be the only one though right?!

Anyways, planning on another write up for the wheel bearing?!

That sucks, did you have any signs aside from your abs being on. Grouling when taking off ramps maybe. On the bright side you'll get new bearings and have no ecl

It would be nice if you get time to take old wheel bearing apart and see the cause of failure, if it's not enough lubrication or just simply wore out.

Seems to come in waves some times. I remember when my passenger went. took all weekend to get it apart. 2 days later the driver side went about 85 miles from home. Had to pay somebody to do that one. Happened not long before I joined up here. I did get about 210k out of the oe.

7 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

My driver side is still factory. 

Passenger side was replaced at 130k ish and has been leaking grease since I bought it with 160k.

Put grease in them and they tend to last longer....

What kinda grease and where do you put it in at?