• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

99 2500 No Start No Code

Hello ,having a problem with my truck yesterday...Ran fine all day,starting and stopping. Park in the street, went to move it later, just cranks and cranks .Disconnected battery's, let it sit overnight, Starting right up this morning..........Only code i ever get is PO1694.What.is strange, Does out every April in warm months, comes back in October in the cold, Done this for three years I've had it...

thinking ECM maybe?

How are you checking for codes?  Does your code clear? Does this happen when you park uphill, downhill or is it level?  Could this be air getting into the fuel system, and have you tried cracking open injector lines to see if this helps it start?  If your ECM were going you would probably see a slew of other issues and fault codes.  Does your WTS light come on?  What mods have you done to the truck?  Tuners? Lift pump?

In the order of questions;1694 would clear and come back on,in summer warm months it stays off . level ground/ 3/4 tank. Doubt it. WTS seems to take longer when 1694 code set, In summer when code out doesn't come on half the time starts fine..... Fuel system is Air Dog Pump, 1/2 pickup in tank, Edge programmer,  Banks intake.

Cell May 2014 013.jpg

Cell May 2014 007.jpg

Also has torque converter lockup issues with check E light on ,nothing with it out.

PO1694 code points to an electrical problem, no communication between ecm and pcm. I had a similar issue awhile back. Check your main plug in the PDC fuse box under hood, Mine was a little loose causing the code, I cleaned and resealed the connection and code has not returned.   Hope this helps, might get you going in the right direction at least 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...