• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Since I got the trans out and transfer case I decided to change the fluid. I know we talked about it on here. It takes dexron 2-3 or  atf+4 but there is just so many out there you can't tell what's good anymore. What you guys running or have you ran these and any problems thanks. 

IMG_0399.PNG

IMG_0400.PNG

IMG_0401.PNG

IMG_0334.PNG

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm just running Section ATF +3 and so far I'm almost 300k miles. No synthetics used. It about changing at the proper internals.

I got a seal that was bad so my intervals pretty well checked. I've never heard of section oil. I'm surprised you running atf+3. 

I'm torn between the Lucas since it's got all three and they have a pretty good reputation. Or the valvoline transfer case fluid I've been running valvoline for years with no problems but I doesn't really say what's in it. I think it's more for the ford xl-12 and gym auto trak 

From what I heard, if you have an auto then run what's in the tranny. If you got a stick then any auto tranny fluid that is compatable with owners manual. Reason for tranny fluid is, if a seal goes bad between tcase and tranny and if fluid mixes it won't cause any problems. At least that's what local rebuilder told me. 

I'm running amsoil signature atf in mine.

• Owner
13 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

From what I heard, if you have an auto then run what's in the tranny. If you got a stick then any auto tranny fluid that is compatable with owners manual. Reason for tranny fluid is, if a seal goes bad between tcase and tranny and if fluid mixes it won't cause any problems. At least that's what local rebuilder told me. 

I'm running amsoil signature atf in mine.

That won't work with a manual. Being there is GL4 gear lube in the transmission and ATF in the transfer. Which this would be a bad deal for the transmission. Strange enough the G56 transmissions in the 3rd Gens run on ATF+4 as well. So who knows how mission critical it is to have the proper fluid... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 4/23/2017 at 10:45 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

That won't work with a manual. Being there is GL4 gear lube in the transmission and ATF in the transfer. Which this would be a bad deal for the transmission. Strange enough the G56 transmissions in the 3rd Gens run on ATF+4 as well. So who knows how mission critical it is to have the proper fluid... :rolleyes:

Ram should be BEAT for putting that fluid in the G56. They should come with what Mercedes specifies, but ATF gets them through the warranty period, so who cares right? :mad: 

• Like 1