• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Two factor authentication

• Owner

Mopar1973Man.Com is now going to start using two-factor authentication. This is to protect the site as well as protect the user account information. Now any members that are donors and/or customers you will be required for two-factor authentication. All staff is required automatically. I will say that any personal data like passwords and email are protected by this feature. Now normal members are optional and may set up this feature if they wish but is not required. There are two methods of authentication either Google Authenticator or Question and Answers. Google authenticator is free and can be installed on your mobile device. Questions and Answers are another form which you just answer your secure question and gain access to the protected area. As for the question and answers if there is other ideas please PM me I'll add more questions to the question listing. 

This will provide better security than most other forums out on the internet. Between the SSL Encryption of the entire site so no one can monitor anything being typed on the web page during login or otherwise. Then preventing people from brute force attacking accounts. If there is any question please post them up here I'll do what I can to answer them.

It made me try to do it on my phone the other day, then it didn't when i tried to log back in.  I'm one of the last holdouts running a blackberry, so I can't get the google authenticator app.  You say there is a way to use a different 2 step authenticator app?  Is that in our control panel somewhere?

• Owner

That's easy at the bottom of the window it will have a link for the question versus. You'll need to setup the Question/Answer side. That is in in the profile area of your account. If your still having issue give me a call I'll help you through this. 

11 hours ago, Timburrr said:

I'm one of the last holdouts running a blackberry, so I can't get the google authenticator app.

I'm shocked to see someone holding out that long... We'll I've seen another person that is still using an iPhone4 its totally out of date. :rolleyes:

• Like 1