• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Apps issues

01 24v would loose throttle and surge going down road  so checked ac voltage and no issues there so put scanner on it and watched the graph and it was freaking out for Tps.  So checked temp and it also freaks out on the graph on scanner when throttle cuts out.  Went to install new apps and either no voltage at pin or reads 4.6 v on new sensor  started truck and goes wide open

• Owner

Welcome to the site. 

It would help if you filled out your signature so we knew what we are working with. 

As for the AC noise what voltage did you measure and where did you measure at? Surging and going WOT seems like an ECM issue. Any error codes present currently? Did you try going back to the old sensor? What brand of sensor did you buy? (Timbo's, Wells, OEM)

Wot was with a new sensor, autozone special.  .02vac at stud on the back of the alternator.  I had similar issue once before and replaced the ecm and everything was fine.  Is it possible that the pcm can be frying the ecm? I have cleaned the grounds and even ran the truck with alternator disconnected with no improvement 

• Owner

The only connection between the ECM and PCM basically is the CCD Network. I hardly doubt it being the PCM is required for starting the network and the ECM is considered a secondary device that just shares data over the network.

You might just a poor quality sensor...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I have the same issue. When I tap the throttle it goes WOT unless i shut the key off. I dont remember the exact codes but it was for tps and map sensor. I have replaced these with sensors from "standard"(brand) from parts geek. I tried to adjust the voltage and reset the pedal and no change. As a back story the truck ran good before but I let the truck sit for a couple years then this is how it runs. The truck is a 2000 4x4 5.9 ctd auto. does it sound like it might be the ecm or am I missing something else?