• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

TransGo kit ordered. What else while I'm in there?

So I pulled the trigger on the transgo SK TFOD-Diesel kit today. I'm not happy with how the tranny acts while I tow my fiver so I'm gonna try this kit. I also ordered a new Dorman pan  265-827 off Amazon because mine might be warped, and this one comes with a drain plug. 

My questions. What else should I order while I'm in there that should be done. I've read something about billet intermediate servo, accumulator, band strut, band anchor, 3-4 spring, and upgrade the governor solenoid ? But that's jibbrish to me at this point in my research. I'm not looking to drop the trans out. Just whatever I can do to the VB

Also so any tips or write ups of he install would be most appreciated. Thank you. 

All the things you mentioned can be done without dropping the tranny, except for the upgraded lever, strap and anchor. At minimum, band adjustment and borg warner solenoid.   

Downside to the shift kit, once you drill holes and file things on the valve body, it won't be usable as a core to a transmission shop if your transmission needs an overhaul. 

http://goerend.com/dodge/valve-bodies/

Everything on this page.

Thanks for the links guys. Any of you gentlemen do this kit? Any tips? 

So I should order that billet lever, strap and anchor? And I can do that with transmission in the truck? Anything else? 

How many miles on it.

If it's high mileage it may not take well to increased pressures the transgo kit will make.

I'd drill passages to the middle of what transgi recommends.  Call them they will be able to help out a lot.

You can always drill ports bigger so don't go extreme to start.

My tranny is fresh with diesel transgo kit and is amazing. I have all billett upgrades and am running 150pressure at wide open and 90 at idle.

I actually had builder build my trans mission and it's pretty night and day from stock.

I think it were mine is get a pressure gauge and see how much pressure it has on accumulator port.  If it's holding 90-105lbs at wide open throttle then is adjust pressure so it's 120ish. 

This is easy to do and will make the clutches hold better.

Mine had 270k clutches could have been coaxed for another year or so but my second gear band was gone. I finally ran put of adjustment on it and lost second. My tongue converter was also done.

If truck is still driving and shifting through the years well bump g pressure will make the all the clutches hold better I to run cooler and last longer.

The transgo shift lit will be in 150lbs ballpark set up on mild side. It wouldn't surprise me if the old seals can't hold that pressure.  

I'd really do lots of research on doing shift kit on a high mileage tranny. 

You may also consider running tractor transmission fluid.  Or 50/50

• 3 weeks later...