• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I am fixing to purchase a 1994 cummins 4x4 5-speed. On the top of the P7100/P-Pump there is the injector lines and delivery valves. What is the metal piece that attaches to the injection pump where the delivery valve goes into the pump? It is cracked and I want to know if it can just purchase 6 of these top pieces and just replace them? It is the front injection line that I noticed leaking through the crack. 

Edited by Waydin_Stewart
Info

• Staff

Just go direct to an injection pump rebuilder. Then you get it from the best source and not retailed/ handled/ up charged 3 times. I have mechanical retail shops try charging 1250.00 to rebuild a turbo with nothing but big talk and then I call the injection pump rebuilders and they do the actual work/ get it done for $362,50 in less than a third of the time. It now runs smooth as glass.

Talk the price down on the truck you are buying with the cost and time to take care of the problem and then find an honorable rebuilder happy to do it for you. You just have to talk to the right people.

Edited by JAG1
too long of post

If the leak is coming from the piece he is holding, you can get new DV holders.

If the leak is from the part still bolted to the pump, you'll need a new IP or send yours to Seth Farrell @ Farrel Diesel Service.  Or some other Bosch shop.

deliveryvalveinstall007.jpg

Edited by Cowboy
  • Like 2