• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
martinique78

slight chugging between 30-40 mph

Just finished up my fummins build and aside from the torque converter not locking up and my map sensor saying I have 12psi at idle everything is fine lol.

However on my drives to work at around 30-40 mph the truck has a slight bucking or chugging that's not terrible but enough to be an annoyance.  It goes away as I accelerate a little but if i'm just cruising along at those speeds its pretty constant.  If i increase my power level to one of the higher settings on my quadzilla its less noticeable. 

Any ides what could be causing this?  I have done and custom calibrations to the V2 quadzilla tunes, they are the basic tunes that are preloaded.

Is it still present if you drop to Level 0 on the Quadzilla? (Quadzilla turned OFF).

If so I would talk to @Me78569 he's the Quadzilla guru here.

If not I would consider that AC noise test for the alternator. Could be excessive AC noise messing with sensors.

So on lunch today I had my Quad at level 4 (base loaded cals) and starting at 40 mph with a slight accel it would start chugging a little.  Set the tune to level 0 and it went away completely.  I'm guessing the base cals need to be tweaked a little for my application or the fact that my map sensor is always reading 12psi or higher all the time is causing a fueling issue.