• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hi I'm new to the site but have learned so much and hoping you guys can help me out. I've been getting a dead pedal at 53-55lbs of boost, things I've done aside from power mods are auto to nv5600 and 2001 fuel filter with twist off cap. Power mods are on my profile. I've replaced apps, map sensor, made sure the quadzilla is good, have good fuel preassure, and great power till that specific boost. Any ideas would help. Thanks.

Edited by Pnwtree

I can do that later on when I'm home for work, I had done that and had it sent to quad, they didn't see anything really unusual other than boost preassure did a full drop to 0 psi got half second, then back to 7. Which is weird cause if i go to 53lbs of boost and let off before dead pedal it always goes to 6-7 then sliwly drops not instant. I'll post the log later on today. I did notice that to be weird though.

Screenshot_20170516-063110.png

This is the breakdown quad sent me, I'll get the one I got later. Let me know if this helps

Yea technically off the log in making 56-57 on my manual guage. Do they make a sensor that exceeds that then? I know a few people that have no problem seeing 60+psi with no dead pedal. Also don't get any codes other than soft codes for the old auto tranny I had in it.

What do you mean by Dead pedal?   

Does the truck hit 53 psi then all power is lost?  or does power not increase once you hit 53 psi? 

Also,  Your profile says you have the adr3000 tune loaded but the data log you posted shows cnabus fueling so that would be the V2 base tune. 

What do you have flashed to the box and what vehicle profile do you have on your iquad?

Power completely drops, fueling stops, let off and full power again. Yea the log was when I flashed to v2, then flashed back to adr3000 to find out if it was the v2 causing it. Right now adr3000, but does it on both. Vehicle profile is 1998.5-2000 for adr3000

58 minutes ago, Pnwtree said:

Yea technically off the log in making 56-57 on my manual guage. Do they make a sensor that exceeds that then? I know a few people that have no problem seeing 60+psi with no dead pedal. Also don't get any codes other than soft codes for the old auto tranny I had in it.

If you have any PCM codes, it will affect performance as the PCM is fed data by the ecm so either get a manual PCM or create "foolers" like I did to remove them.

What rpm is this happening at? The turbos you have will not let themselves to "high" rpm operation. And compounds are deceiving due to the torque they make. I've made 60+ on a single charger and it was weaker than 40psi from my compounds. What is your drive pressure? What is your interstage boost? Egts?

Yea that was the plan, but manual pcm from donor truck wouldn't run, and I've had a few people tell me it should matter. Power is also great up until this point.

Happens around 2500 in 5th gear, 3k in 4th, also depends if I open or close my Watergate. Open since boost won't build as high I can hold it to higher rpm, but get higher egt(about 1350) closed 8 get maybe 1200 egts but can happen bellow 2500 rpm. What do you mean interstate boost? Drive preassure I'm not sure, need to get a guage for it, what do you mean interstage boost?

Okay so big update, I found that when I this happens and my boost preassure plummets, I'm still blowing smoke out the tail pipe so I'm fueling, I don't think I'm fueling as much because egts never got out of control when boost drop but was still dumping fuel out tail pipe. Also makes a winding noise with a sort of sucking sound when happens.

Screenshot_20170516-202437.png

Screenshot_20170516-202430.png

Screenshot_20170516-202422.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 6:45 AM, jlbayes said:

Interstage. Pipe between the two turbos on the compressor side.

Sorry I dropped off, but if anyone is still chiming in I have a update. I went ahead and switched out my old twin kit thinking it must be why is was cutting out and it did. But for some reason with the new kit I cannot get over 56lbs of boost(last kit just dropped at that boost preassure). I can hold it at that but will not go any higher. I did a boost leak test and found a few small leaks, fixed them and problem is still there. Totally stumped on why it doesn't want to go past that. I'm running dap 7x.012 sac nozzles (claim 225hp). I'm guessing it actually is electronic or maybe something more internal? Idk

8 hours ago, Pnwtree said:

Sorry I dropped off, but if anyone is still chiming in I have a update. I went ahead and switched out my old twin kit thinking it must be why is was cutting out and it did. But for some reason with the new kit I cannot get over 56lbs of boost(last kit just dropped at that boost preassure). I can hold it at that but will not go any higher. I did a boost leak test and found a few small leaks, fixed them and problem is still there. Totally stumped on why it doesn't want to go past that. I'm running dap 7x.012 sac nozzles (claim 225hp). I'm guessing it actually is electronic or maybe something more internal? Idk

You don't have a blow off valve or something silly like that?