• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

4 hours ago, jlbayes said:

We still need to know drive pressure and interstage boost pressure. Manual gauge is following the map readout on the quad right?

Especially with a new setup involved.

Yea I just ordered the stuff to do a drive preassure guage, so I'll let you know in a few days what thats looking like. I'm kinda convinced it's the dap nozzles cause the power difference between the ii 120s I had in it before aren't much and have more white smoke from 225s compared to the 120s which did more black. 1 is map read out, 2 are manual map read out says 55 manuals say 56. I'll do interstage when I get another guauge, my new setup is a s475 96 1.32 under a 62 68 12 sxe.

I also know the spray angle on the 225s are wider than the other people's injectors.

The other two guages I have read from intake horn(water meth) and guage pillar reads from intake.

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Maybe cracked intercooler nwhen sertain psi is reached bam. Or could you be running out of flow in your air filter, take it off and try it.

Yea I was possibly thinking a cracked intercooler, I'm going to do drive preassure test first since it's cheap and eliminate possibility of under fueling then look into that. Yea tried that on last twin kit, didn't change the one I have now is brand new.

Well think I finally figured it out, knock on wood. Ended up pulling everything off the front to do a solid check on intercooler and sure as **** and sure enough right behind the condenser, there's 4 spots that it was throwing steady bubbles at maybe 15 psi so thinking that gatta be the reason. Will find out in a week ordered a new intercooler.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 7:59 AM, jlbayes said:

We still need to know drive pressure and interstage boost pressure. Manual gauge is following the map readout on the quad right?

Especially with a new setup involved.

Lol well I'm back at it again, replaced the intercooler with mishimoto, It ended up not being the fix for my issue though I know my old Ic was leaking so wasn't a complete loss. I installed my dp guage, and ratio in the low end is around 1.1 and then as soon as it high 56 boost my dp still goes up, hit 70psi on so guage then blew a boot on hot side of intercooler. That being said I must still have a leake? But I don't know where. Only thing I know that might and didn't show on leak test is intake plenum gasket. I did use a AutoZone one when I got the billet plenum. That or it's internal? Any thoughts..... at a loss and losing my mind.

On 6/19/2017 at 6:46 AM, jlbayes said:

That sounds like you are not getting enough exhaust through the secondary.

Well case closed finally, turns out the last twin kit interstage pipe probably was the culprit in the boost cut off. As for 56lbs of boost, well what's the odds of 3 boost preassure guage all having max reading of 56.... granted one is off map sensor, but one is glowshift 0-60 guage, one is the quad, and last is unknown max snow performance water meth. So yea anyways stuck a air chuck on them and learned the problem. Explains why been blowing boots now. Thanks for help, shity that it was so simple lol