• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

August 2017 Eclipse camping

JAG1

• Staff

Everyone is welcome to meet starting August 18th on a Friday near Weiser at Catfish Junction RV Park.(location close to center of full eclipse path on Monday 21st of August). Rv Park phone is (541) 262-3833 for reservations for tents and rv hook ups. There is also an area next to the park for free dry camping if you like.

Please try and make it even if you cannot show up till Sunday night. All are welcome . IBM is bringing several pairs of eclipse glasses, 'shades'. I'm bringing shade canopy, food snacks, and a full cooler.

Let everyone know if you are planning on meeting up.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

I'll be getting there Friday afternoon on the 18th.  This will be the first stop of a 4 week trip for me and my wife.

I have 10 pair of solar glasses, a 10'x10' shade canopy, and a pot of coffee.

Even if you can't stay till Monday for the eclipse come on down for a couple of days of meet and greet camping.  

42 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You not far away... Pacific Northwest? Heck @Me78569 is coming from Colorado. Might get @dripley from the East Coast there too. Time will tell...

Distance isnt the issue, it's the time off work and renting a trailer for that time. We have a yearly camping trip we do beginning of August so that makes it harder to justify the time and expense.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

happy wife happy life :) haha.

My wife said I could go if after the eclipse I took her to Glacier National Park, Banff and

Jasper Canada with a side trip to Yellowstone on the way home. 

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 2

• Staff
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, Me78569 said:

Well sadly it looks like I am going to have to backout.  Wife's work is not gonna be able to swing that as someone else in her department already has those dates off.  

:kick:

Nick, I have to go without the wife since mine is working. Wife also doesn't like road trips even though we've been to the Canadian Rocky mountains many times together. I still thoroughly enjoy a good travel camp road trip.

me as well, my wife loves trips like this.   we were slacking a bit when it came to getting time off. I may end up heading out alone, not sure yet.  If I head up without the camper and just sleep in the bed of the truck ( which I prefer) I could make it it in good time.  we will see what happens, but I think the wife would be a bit butt hurt about it

• Staff
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, notlimah said:

Distance isnt the issue, it's the time off work and renting a trailer for that time. We have a yearly camping trip we do beginning of August so that makes it harder to justify the time and expense.   

I think the whole idea of a good road trip is to watch the world go by and live with no measure of time. 'Have another cup of coffee and another piece of pie'.  I enjoy finding those hidden away uncrowded camp spots along the way.

• Like 1

that was our honeymoon,

spent ~3 weeks with no plan driving around Montana camping at a new place each night.  Some beautiful country.  

as for the trip,  if I do come out solo I will be heading out friday afternoon and have to jet back sunday.   can't take vacation days if the wife isn't with me :shifty: lol   it's only ~900 miles so ~13 hours.  plenty of time for beer drinking.

• Like 1