• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Worth trying....Olive Oil on truck.

• Staff

Remember that video a few years back of the dogs tearing the bumper off the cop car? I think it was the chicken oil then too.

Update... I just wiped off what dust got on there. It came off easy and so did the dead bugs. So I'm sure it helps.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

Gonna have to try that olive oil. .... wife got some coconut oil too wonder what that will do. Weird stuff that coconut oil every time I look at it it's ether liquid or solid can never guess, our house temperature must be right at that solidify point.

Edited by Dieselfuture

On 6/6/2017 at 7:58 PM, JAG1 said:

Remember that video a few years back of the dogs tearing the bumper off the cop car? I think it was the chicken oil then too.

Update... I just wiped off what dust got on there. It came off easy and so did the dead bugs. So I'm sure it helps.

I remember that video. They went after with a passion and did not give up until it was off. Pretty darn funny.

• Staff

Yeah maybe someone could find that video on U Tube. I think that cop drove up and slowed for the dogs and was the only car they ever ripped apart with an angry passion. lol

• Staff
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:18 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Pictures? Seems like an rather unusual solution... 

Inventiveness requires thinking the unusual.

I got it off UTube. shows a guy using it on the dashboard and seems to be better than McQuires stuff so far.

No... its not that my truck smells so bad that even rancid olive oil would be better. So far I can't smell anything even in a black truck on a warm day

Edited by JAG1

I tried this and it does make it look real nice. We've had a good amount of rain since then and it seems like excess washes off. Still looks good but you can sorta tell where it's darkest and not much water hit and where it did. Over all still worth it compared to all new plastics.

• Like 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I wonder how much dust the oil is going to collect?

When dusty it seems no more than without the oil, and wipes right off not gummed up.

Skeptics :nadkick:

Two weeks later in the outdoors the Mcquires is all gone, dry, but the olive oil, although more dry looking than when first put, on still looks like it conditioned the plastic without the chaulky white coming back.:poke:

Of my bumper covers the first one is still black but the other one is turning back. In fairness the first one got a good bit more than the second. The truck sat on my dusty job site all last week and the dust that was on it did wipe easily, not like it was soaked in oil.