• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I took the plunge and bought a new turbo after much debate... Got a 62/68/14 BW S300 SX-E gated. Beautiful work and amazing customer service from the guys at DAP!

20170607_200937.jpg

I have a question regarding fitment of the stock oil drain to an S300. Can I bend and flatten the metal tube to clear the wastegate actuator/compressor housing? I know they make flexible returns but I'm honestly nervous of screwing with the 16 year old bung on the block, as all the aftermarket kits drain to the block, not the factory rubber section our hard lines go to.

Also, some how I got a HX40 DP for what I'm assuming is an HE351 flange 

20170607_211948.jpg

20170607_213222.jpg

20170607_213250.jpg

Edited by Arodrigues29

4 minutes ago, CTcummins24V said:

I had to heat the drain tube with torch and used pliers to flatten it out near the flange. Then it didn't line up perfectly with the rubber, so I had to cut it back and get a longer piece of hose to make the connection.

Did you use high heat hose or anything special? I know that line isn't under pressure but I figured that was partly steel line because of the potential for that drainage to be real hot.

10 hours ago, jlbayes said:

Yea that looks like an he351 flange as well.

Yea, they overnighted me an HX40 flange, need to put it together tomorrow and get this thing in the truck. It's killing me to have the truck unoperational. It gave me some time to address the less important things I've been putting off for awhile like a clearance light, fog light aiming, etc lol.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...