• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

"Best" spot to mount FASS or Airdog pump?

• Owner
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

My fass is under bed, held with a mounting bolt for the bed. Fass is much bigger then airdog and under bed seems to fit good.

35n96l2.jpg

I've install several FASS system but the filter are always still hanging in the damage path from the front tires. I've seen a few ranchers locally dent the filters from throwing stones from the dirt roads. All you need is one little hole and the system fails. I've also seen last winter where a FASS system froze up because of the bitter cold and was popping fuses not to mention it had gelling issues way more than my truck does.

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've got mine tucked behind the transfer case. This keeps the blowing cold wind off it, out of the debris path from the front tires, also the skid plate protects the filters from road debris that might be kicked up.

30c2j3b.jpg

15 years of bit cold winter down to -35*F and never gelled up once yet. This AirDog is heading for 12 years old and still pumping fuel without a single issue. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 3

• Staff
53 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

I was under the impression these type pumps "pushed" fuel better than they "suck"

Fuel pumps push fuel, as the fuel is discharged (pushed) from the pump a vacuum is formed and atmospheric pressure pushes fuel out of the tank and to the pump the same way atmospheric pressure pushes fuel out of a tank when you siphon it. 

The fuel pump should be as close to the fuel tank as possible.