• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Is there a bird in my truck?

• Staff
3 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I have a little of that on my left side from time to time.   JAG1 has had it to on both sides and said he lubed the door weather stripping and it went away.  It could also be bad body to frame mounts.  

Actually I have two trucks, 01 and 02 and both do it on the left side. The sound is sort of vague or ghosted that you cannot tell exactly if it's from the column, the door weather stripping:think: Or might be cab bolt bushings:think:.

1 hour ago, portlandareae28 said:

What did you use to lube it?  Seems worse when I have 12000 lbs behind her

I think the more weight the more the road bumps can affect it.

Edited by JAG1

Back when I was a kid growing up, I rode all kinds of public transportation and most all of it made some sort of noise,  I always thought it would be cool to have some noises in my future car just to keep that nostalgia going. But now when I do develop a noise it drives me nuts and I got to fix it. I don't know.....

• Owner

Like both my doors on the truck starting to squeak. The cam roller for the upper hinge was starting to rust a bit and stick. So I spray a good heavy dose of PB Blaster silicone spray on the hinges, cam rollers, and the door seals. Should make the truck quiet again for a short time. Typically I'm pretty good about keeping the oil can going on the hinges but I've been so busy last few weeks, not even the squeaky wheel is getting the grease... :duh: Just drive till the wheels fall off...

• Staff

Hey Dave, does your truck feel a bit not so tight when you hit a bump like mine? I keep thinking this 2001 I bought may have got in a wreck and CarFax failed to report it.

It kind of shakes and feels loose everywhere if I hit a gravel road too fast. Kinda weird... I can't compare it with my 02 unless I take the rv off of it.

5 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Hey Dave, does your truck feel a bit not so tight when you hit a bump like mine? I keep thinking this 2001 I bought may have got in a wreck and CarFax failed to report it.

It kind of shakes and feels loose everywhere if I hit a gravel road too fast. Kinda weird... I can't compare it with my 02 unless I take the rv off of it.

I have some of that in the front end. I attribute that to the fact I rebuilt the front end about 160k ago. About time for another rebuild. I am not complaining, got that mileage out of MOOG parts that everyone talks so bad about. Everything but the track bar, it only lasted about 130k. Your reckon the 01 has ever been rebuilt? Could just be worn out.

• Like 1

• Staff

It's all tight except for the upper portion of the Trac Bar. you can see it moving when wife turns the wheel back and forth. I guess that's enough to give the looseness on rough roads.

I'm determined to get both birds out of the two trucks I have and I'm glad others are saying they have it too. Has to be something common/ simple.

Edited by JAG1

I knew my track bar was getting bad but sitting in the driveway one day getting ready to hit the road and I noticed that when moved the wheel a little the body of the truck moved the opposite direction. The ah ha moment. 

Now my new job is in Maryland and I am traveling the old I 85 and I 95. That is one crappy stretch of road and my truck does not like it and neither do I. 

No. Have not seen any protesters since Dan Kathy told everyone how he felt about marriage. Did my first job up there about about 15 years ago and almost got assaulted by a bunch of union carpenters one Monday morning. That was exciting. 

• Like 1