• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wheels and Tire Setup

• Owner
4 minutes ago, notlimah said:

How many miles you have on them now?

Not sure of the mileage on them at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Does yours have the outline white letters?

No. Black wall on both sides.

As for the wheels they are not exactly what I wanted. But... They were cheap (traded for fixing a friend's well pump). Now at least the wheels are true compared to my last set of wheels at least 2 has excessive runout. So they might not look pretty but they straight and didn't require new tires right off. 

I had the same experience with the cooper HT. They sucked. But the ATP's have been good all around for me. Still getting 20 mpg on highway runs running 70 to 75. They did great in the snow too. I went to them when Michelin's went to $1200 a set. The coopers are going up also and are around $900 a set. Will definitely look into the Hankook's if the Cooper's  get out of control on the price.

25 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Not sure of the mileage on them at the moment. 

No. Black wall on both sides.

As for the wheels they are not exactly what I wanted. But... They were cheap (traded for fixing a friend's well pump). Now at least the wheels are true compared to my last set of wheels at least 2 has excessive runout. So they might not look pretty but they straight and didn't require new tires right off. 

Ok, the white wall must be size associated.

I hear ya on the wheels. I have some aftermarket 16's from Les Schwab and they look ok but I do worry about the consistency. Luckily I picked up a set of 4th gen wheels for 150 so can't complain about that!

I think the reason these tires are getting a little pricey is the size 

@Mopar1973Man just looked wore out more in middle then on outside, but maybe that's from po you got them from. I was just guessing can't tell too well from picture. I know you take care of your stuff. I run about 58 in rear and 60 in front on mine. Went to menards to get some paving stones and forgot to air them up and of course took my air hose out of truck with other stuff to have more room. I got an on board air for few reasons and when I need it :doh:

Got truck half way loaded and noticed rear tires started to squat, so told my wife don't worry I'll air them up along with air bags, and then realized I'm not too bright. She had a good laugh. I still said f it and put rest of them in, figured out I had about 3500lb in back. Truck rode really nice. Didn't really effected how fast I could get up to speed ether, ended up taking town roads to get home. Tires were a bit wormer but axle was cold.

Edited by Dieselfuture

• Owner
30 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

just looked wore out more in middle then on outside

True they are... I had to straighten out the out of balance issue and was experimenting with higher pressure and lower pressures. Adding +10 PSI to calculated number help take the bounce out. -5 PSI helped take the cupping out of the shoulders from excessive runout on the previous wheels. They will be worn out by this fall and be needing to be replaced.

Stock 94-09 9/16-18 open end lugs are what you need I believe. Check around at some of the tire/wheel shops. They may have plenty of extras hangin out. 

Edited by BBHD
Correction

No complaints out of my 285 Nitto Terra Grapplers.

On June 16, 2017 at 1:16 AM, portlandareae28 said:

black_dually.jpg

Are these wheels powder coated?  Can I assume if so, someone had to remove the tires then take the wheels somewhere to be done?  Might do something like this to my '99 3500.

2 hours ago, leon said:

No complaints out of my 285 Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Are these wheels powder coated?  Can I assume if so, someone had to remove the tires then take the wheels somewhere to be done?  Might do something like this to my '99 3500.

Powder coating requires tire removal. Rims are then sand blasted, sometimes baked first to burn contaminants off, then powder coated with electrical current on the rim and baked.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, BBHD said:

Stock 94-09 9/16-18 open end lugs are what you need I believe. Check around at some of the tire/wheel shops. They may have plenty of extras hangin out. 

I believe the stud change to metric was 2013. I've used the 2010 lugs on mine without issue.

I'll probably run these wheels during the summers and my 4th gen wheels during the winter to keep the crap off of the body. The 4th gen 17's look good IMO.

IMG_20170528_152747203_HDR_zpsrlvk9q3q.j

IMG_20170528_152808587_HDR_zpsifxnbpxn.j
  • Like 1

@TFaoro Haven't seen you on here in a while, where ya been?!?! Also, those tires look real good! I didn't realize your truck had that much of a forward rake, don't you have 2in spacers up front?!

@dripley Those prices sound on par for what they go for up here. I've seen them even higher with newer rubber of course. I snagged mine for 150! but that also took quite a lot of craigslist stalking as well.

On 6/21/2017 at 6:45 PM, notlimah said:

@TFaoro Haven't seen you on here in a while, where ya been?!?! Also, those tires look real good! I didn't realize your truck had that much of a forward rake, don't you have 2in spacers up front?!

Oops thought I replied. 

Been busy graduating from school, moving, starting a job, farming, dealing with insurance companies, etc. etc. haha

Yeah I'm not sure why it sits so butt-high. Yes it has 2in spacers too. 

IMG_20170622_173002342_HDR_zpsnw6uokjf.j

IMG_20170622_173010581_zpsggo9l6sn.jpg