• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wheels and Tire Setup

The build sheet says is it anyways!  But I think it likes to change colors. Like the picture below, taken literally a minute ago and it looks very darkIMG_3718.JPG.ccc351378b75f1d7635cae0c815c1bcd.JPG

versus this shot taken mid morning.... 

IMG_3704.JPG.8f4373d0404f2ee7946f5643755b147e.JPG

So maybe mid morning and mid afternoon are the best times for the color. Or it's because I know every blemish on my truck and yours looks flawless in your picture. 

I think it's because you know what little scratches and nicks are on you're truck because my paint is far from perfect. I have a ton of little rock chips on the lower body and a few dents and couple big scratches hahah Also, where did you get your 1.5 spacers?

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

Me either. Even the ones that are tore up.

Cheapest ones I found before I found the set I got was 500+ and that was with tires that were shot.

Edited by notlimah

Nice, I ordered a set of Timbrens for the rear so I'm going to do a before and after pic of the truck hooked up to a travel trailer so I can see if it sits level still or sags. If it sags I'll go down to either a 1.5in or 1in spacer up front.

I take all of your trucks are the patriot blue or are my eyes deceiving me. Mine is and The color always looked different in light changes. I always liked the color. Of course it did look better with the clear coat on it.

I think mine would be labeled as patriot blue, but I haven't had mine since new, and it didn't come with a door sticker, so PO probably had it painted or replaced at some point. Still nothing I can tell a difference over.

Later I'll post a couple other pics I took that same day just from a difference angle to see if the color varies at all.

Ok so to verify, my glove box label says PBT so that answers that.

Next..

Going to be replacing my 2in spacer from who knows where with a 1in spacer from daystar later tonight (thank you late PNW nights) and I talked to a reputable 4x4 shop here in town who's done some work for me in the past and they said that dropping down the 1in combined with my upgraded steering arms won't be enough of a reason to get another alignment. I'm leaning towards believing him only because he could've easily just told me I'd need one and I would've been dropping the truck off there, and because he drives a mean 12v with some crazy suspension mods done so they know their stuff.

What's your guys opinion on the matter? Alignment needed? yay/nay?!

Oh, I was thinking you had 2" spacers on the hubs, not the 2" levelling kit.  Oooooops.  I've been drinking lol.  Anyways, the same thing I said above still applies since you're not changing the physical steering components.  I didn't re-align mine when my level kit went in

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1

:cheers:

Don't think you've had enough because you're words are still in order and you knew what I was talking about in the first place!

:party:

Roger that @Killer223! That's what I was being told, so easy enough on that end. Now the real test is to see if I can actually do all this tonight!

Edited by notlimah

i'm not sure about the second gens, but on my 08, i can swap spring in about an hour. take me more time getting the tools that doing the job.

3 15mm nuts for shock tower, lower shock bolt, sway bar bolt, then let axle drop, out comes the old and in with the new, then jack up axle, align lower shock bolt, line up swaybar link, continue jacking set upper shock tower, start 3 nuts, jack up axle, tighten all nuts n bolts one more time, install wheel. torque, remove stand on frame, drop and head to other side.

just for the sake of sharing, here is what i ended up with from the 4th sale. i had 285/70/17 bfg at's on it before, loved the ride and snow performance but not the mileage from the tires, already at 6 thousands with 20K on them,

new are Goodyear wrangler adventure kevlar, 275-70-18's. so far i like them. running 50 front and 45 rear. these tires were 200 mile take offs and i'm sure glad i stepped into that deal. still got the rebate as the previous guy never sent it in.

IMG_6621.JPG

IMG_6622.JPG

IMG_6623.JPG

1 minute ago, Killer223 said:

just for the sake of sharing, here is what i ended up with from the 4th sale. i had 285/70/17 bfg at's on it before, loved the ride and snow performance but not the mileage from the tires, already at 6 thousands with 20K on them,

I had a similar experience with those same bfg's.  I was not happy with those at all, especially with how expensive they were!  I'm looking at a set of 285/70R17 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's as my next set, as I know a few people running them who absolutely love them.