• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P245A code

dave110

Truck is my dads 09. He's not in good shape health wise so I've been running the truck the last week or two getting it ready to sell. The EGR's been unplugged for a few years and has helped a lot, but I plugged it back in so the CEL would go away before I list it and it did as usual and has been out for a few days. Today I got a CEL for a 245A code, something to do with turbo solenoid voltage. I cleared it and it stayed out for now, but it's only been 15 mi. or so. Any idea what it means and what to look for?

Reminds me again why I refuse to get rid of my 99 :wink:

• Owner
2 minutes ago, dave110 said:

I'm guessing it's probably sooted up like everything else on a DPF equipped truck.

No. It a voltage issue. The ECM is sensing a voltage problem in the EGR circuit. Nothing to do with sooting up. It the fact that the ECM is seeing a voltage out of range. Either shorted to ground or open lead.

Hmmm. Reading through the info on the link provided it seems a dirty EGR can stick open and cause the code. Some had success with a simple cleaning which is why I suspect it. Seems this code can be the result of several issues.

• 3 months later...

Not exactly. I just unplugged the stupid thing again and the code and issues went away. I'm still convinced from the reading I did that it was dirty and could not move fully causing the code. At 64k mi. it was on the edge of needing the 67.5k cleaning service anyhow. I'll never know for sure because the truck is gone now along with dad. I told the new owner and it was no big deal to him because the first thing he was planning on was deleting

Thank You.

Actually, unplugging it worked very well. It did not re-gen nearly as often and picked up about 2 MPG. If the truck would not have been sold I probably would have deleted it at the time of the 67.5K service. I'm pretty sure I had Dad talked into it. No matter now. The young fellow who bought it most likely deleted it all and installed an axle dump with an 8" tip lol.