• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Replacement Edge fuel pressure sensor

I'm looking for an aftermarket fuel pressure sensor that I can use that would be compatible with my edge juice w/ attitude. 

I've found them on Amazon.com but want to pick one up at AutoZone so if I  have any issues I can return it. 

Anyone have any part numbers? 

This is the Amazon link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RCPDPRQ?ref_=pe_344980_242109030_em_1p_3_ti&redirect=true&pldnSite=1

Be careful with retrofitting equivalent sensors of different brands. With my Quad I got the equivalent BWD fuel pressure sensor, and a snubber, and burned through 3 of them in short time before I learned my lesson and just bought the official one from DAP. Not saying this will happen in your situation, but it happened to me. They were, however, as accurate as the official one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2017 at 4:59 PM, Millfire517 said:

I found a sensor that matches everything, but my wires are all corroded. Going to run all new wires down to the plug and sensor and If that doesn't work I'll bite the bullet and order another sensor from Edge,

What was the part# and could it be bought at local Auto Parts store. Mine just took a dump and don't wanna wait for it to be shipped. Mines stuck on 40psi all the time even if you shut the truck off

• 1 year later...

Old thread but I am also interested in a replacement sensor. Over $100 for a chinese 5v sensor is ridiculous. I would rather use something like this: https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/overview/catalog/process_control_-a-_measurement/pressure_sensors/pressure_transmitters/stainless_steel_sensing_element_-_integral_cable 

Mine reads 33psi all the time. Thank you.

uh huh...Thank you for the advice. I do have a snubber but the fitting is on the fuel line within 8 inches of the VP44. Is this an issue?

Is this the water hammer issue in your video?

Edited by evan717
water hammer

Gotcha. So the snubber can stay where it is but add some distance between snubber and sensor. Am I understanding correctly?

While I have the attention of the guru: Is there any benefit to have my lift pump on a switch? The PO had it this way bit I would very much like to upgrade to the delay relay mod. Any recommendation is greatly appreciated.