• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2nd 3rd 47 RE tranny Problem

Hi, my name is jeremy

Excuse me to disturb you, 

I have a dodge ram 24V 2500 99  with a 47 RE tranny, 

I have a little problem  with my tranny> 

All the shifts are good, but the problem is the 2nd to 3rd hesitate, i need to accelerate more to pass this shift, and the 4 is ok >

Ive changed the governor pressure only, not the transducer,and there is no changing!  but I ask to myself if the problems would be a 2-3 valve  stuck on the valve body, or the TPS is faulty! I adjust the front band and the rear too, the fluid was correct, red, and there is no particulate on the filter he was clean! 

So I need to your help before changing something else for nothing!

I have no DRB scan tool, and not pressure gauge! 

Thank you for your help in advance>

10 hours ago, kzimmer said:

Google 47re TV cable adjustment PDF. However, I would think if this was an issue your 1st-2nd shift should be delayed too. Makes sense that 4th would be fine, since it's controlled electronically.

hi, Ive adjusted it,  it is correct! 

I think ti change or the valve body or the TPs sensor, becaue I don't understand why there is only this little probleme with the 2nd to 3rd, and not with the others? I think a valve stuck, but I don't want again remove all the fluid for nothing, because if it's a sensor (TPS0 it's easy to remove, the valve body it's easy but you need to wait the fluid flush! I work like the old mechanics, under the truck , and I don't want to take a bath with oil ! 

17 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Welcome Jeremy...

The best person to get a hold of is @Dynamic he is the site transmission guy.

Ok thank you, i ve send a mail, I hope he will answer> 

It's not a big problem, but I like my truck, and I like to take care of it! 

I'm not in US, I'm in France, and the mechanics in France are very expensive, and I ve learnd the old mechanic with my grand father, without computer, for me it's better when you have problem you can put your hand, now if you change the brake pad for example you cant because you have the computer he doesn't recognize the new brakes! I dont like the electronics, because it's not sure a 100%, you have always a problem! 

So thank you very much  for your help.

• Owner
1 hour ago, jeremyf9806 said:

Ok thank you, i ve send a mail, I hope he will answer> 

It's not a big problem, but I like my truck, and I like to take care of it! 

I'm not in US, I'm in France, and the mechanics in France are very expensive, and I ve learnd the old mechanic with my grand father, without computer, for me it's better when you have problem you can put your hand, now if you change the brake pad for example you cant because you have the computer he doesn't recognize the new brakes! I dont like the electronics, because it's not sure a 100%, you have always a problem! 

So thank you very much  for your help.

He's a great guy and will be able to guide you through your problem on your transmission.

France is a bit too far to go for help. Might be fun to have you place a member pin on the member's map also fill out your location in your profile so people will know. I've had a few member now that popped up in countries outside the US. Just city and country is plenty.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

He's a great guy and will be able to guide you through your problem on your transmission.

France is a bit too far to go for help. Might be fun to have you place a member pin on the member's map also fill out your location in your profile so people will know. I've had a few member now that popped up in countries outside the US. Just city and country is plenty.

I know france it's little far for you, but, we have not the same car than you in us, i'm sad because you have a big truck, really different from france! 

I like us, maybe one day I will come, it's a dream for me and my familly, because we are a big Elvis fans, I know i'm young to know him, but I like! 

1 hour ago, dripley said:

Welcome Jeremy. How did you obtain your truck? Did Dodge sell them in France?

Hi, no I bought my dodge there is 5 years at dealer, it came from US