• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Breathing compressor air

hex0rz

Is anyone familiar with the health side effects of breathing in compressor air for positive air respiration? I'm interested in chronic history of doing so from breathing it in. This is claimed to be grade D air, but i have been told now that it's the same regular air used to supply equipment. The air comes from the same compressor. 

Lately I've been having some respiratory trouble, more when i exert myself than not. I did terrible on a stress test and barely passed a physical i did for a prereq for a job. 

Going in for a chest xray to start focusing on the lungs as at least my heart checked out fine, thank God. 

Yea i have no idea. The system is in a restricted area...

Ive wondered about how to go about confirming this. The idea of having a surprise osha visit was a consideration but i don't want it to come back on me..

You have every right to know what you are breathing and if a primary compressor used for shop air and for respirators needs to be filtered before it is sent out for respirator use. They should have to have some sort of inspection and testing of the air quality posted for the employees to see.