• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

iQuad freezing with custom tunes

syndicateshop

Same here, mine also freezes up when I change from tune to tune and immediately change power level it will crash and say app stop responding. But sometimes if I change it and not change power level it will work and later I can change the level, like it's thinking way too hard and one more thing like changing power level overloads it. It sucked when my wife was next to me and took of qwick I was still on my economy tune and when trying to change to race it froze up, so I hammered on it anyway but it was a turd, only when got in higher rpms it went but by that time she was done showing off. Emagine **** I got from her. 

• Owner
Just now, Me78569 said:

Can't change power levels while the tune variables are trying to apply.

@Dieselfuture  does your truck shudder at very low TPS positions?

In my case you can shut every thing down and start the engine, iQuad, drive for 5 minutes, touch the power up 1 level and FREEZE. Has nothing to do with setting a tune or not.

I've just verified that it is just while the custom tuning variables are being loaded. Once the custom tune is completely loaded you can change power levels etc. It didn't used to be like this. The app would do the equivalent of a spinning ball while the tune was loading and then only release when the tune was completely loaded. I'm not sure what changed but we are on it. 

If you apply your custom tune then wait a minute or two, you can change power levels after that without freezing. 

Having your recently imported tune not show up in the list is because it was for a different vehicle profile than the one you are currently on (if you are on Android). Apple will have all the custom tunes show up, even for a different vehicle profile, but if you try to apply it to an Adrenaline that doesn't match the custom tuning, it causes other issues. 

EDIT: It was a bug that existed in the first version of the app that supported equalizers, so its been around a while. We are looking into it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some more testing loading custom tunes and are working on getting the app updated with some better user experience. 

First, loading a V2 tune on a box that isn't a V2 box can take up to 3 minutes and if you mess with the programmer during that 3 minutes, it will freeze the app. 

Second, When you first connect to the iQuadBT by opening up the app, it will try to load the custom tune automatically at connection and none of the gauges will start working until the after the custom tune is loaded which can take up to 3 minutes. If you try and change the custom tune or power level during this time, it will freeze the app. 

At no time is there an indication that you have tried to load an incorrect vehicle tune and that it has failed. 

We are trying to fix all of these things. 

The app as it stands now will currently work, but it will take a lot of patience and you have to know that your box is programmed with the right tuning or it won't load tunes all the way and you won't be notified that it didn't . 

We are working on a fix. 

• Thanks 2

OK, here is another update. The Beta version of the app (for all of you with Beta access) now allows you to at least know when the iQuadBT connects and indicates if the tune loads are working. When working, you will see a progress bar like this: 

Screenshot_20170821-105417.png.b0571c6ab028e6fc2462168955ab4b98.png

Once this finishes loading (current V2 should take around 45 seconds or less) then this will go away and allow you to change power levels do other stuff. 

When it is not loading properly, say if you are trying to use a V2 vehicle profile to a box that hasn't been flashed with V2, you will see something like this: 

Screenshot_20170821-105056.png.47983f395b89e3158d7c524009d6ac14.png

We are working on this still and there is still some changes to be made. In particular, once you see that some of the tuning variables have failed to load properly, you will get the choice to revert to the default tune instead of continuing to load the bad tune. If you try and quit now, it won't work. If you turn off your truck or disconnect the adrenaline, it will cause the app to hang. You will need to kill the app and try again after you connect.