• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Which injectors for compounds?

Looking for some advice on which injectors to go. I currently have DAP 7.009 SAC (100hp) and was looking at going bigger to match the compound turbos I'll be putting in. I'm currently running a Borg Warner S475/92/1.10 over stock HX35 with the billet Wicked Wheel 2 compressor blade. I'll be doing light towing every once in a while ~6k lbs. Also switching up my setup from an EJWA to an Adrenaline so I know there's going to be a lot more fueling customization once I learn the unit. Anybody have any suggestions on a good clean burning injector that would match my setup?

6 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

7x.010s or just jump to a 6x.013 and back fueling down A LOT.

I plan on building a custom tune on my Quadzilla. Would 6x.013's be better if I backed down the fuel at low boost and ramped it up smoothly into high boost? And is there a big difference between 7 hole and 6 hole?

I kinda wish I could do some testing with some of his 6 x .011's to see whats possible.  

I've also been mulling over doing some 7 x .010's with 10-20 bar of extra pop pressure......even though he said that's a bad idea.

On 03/07/2017 at 10:30 AM, Me78569 said:

I kinda wish I could do some testing with some of his 6 x .011's to see whats possible.  

I've also been mulling over doing some 7 x .010's with 10-20 bar of extra pop pressure......even though he said that's a bad idea.

Is the extra pop pressure just to attempt better atomization? I'm curious on how much it would retard timing. Good thing we can compensate with the Quad! Do you think this would be tough on the VP mechanically?

extra pop is just to try and get less smoke,  I don't know that the timing difference would be much, just a guess though. 

as for tough on the vp44 I have a hard time swallowing that pill as the vp44 will do pressures of 20k or so, so an extra few hundred psi worth of pop can't be that hard on it.... right? ( seriously don't know)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kzimmer said:

Is the extra pop pressure just to attempt better atomization? I'm curious on how much it would retard timing. Good thing we can compensate with the Quad! Do you think this would be tough on the VP mechanically?

It should not be any harder on the vp than being operated constantly at rpm. Same idea as when a ppump is installed on a 24v, anyone in the know will not run them at ppump pop. For the exact reason Nick wants to overcome the idle smoke with a vp.

30 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

It should not be any harder on the vp than being operated constantly at rpm. Same idea as when a ppump is installed on a 24v, anyone in the know will not run them at ppump pop. For the exact reason Nick wants to overcome the idle smoke with a vp.

I wonder where Weston is going to set mine.... BTW do his come with and "install kit" or do I need to buy those separately?

• 3 weeks later...

Man that's what I just put in is 75hp 8 hole, I know when I got the truck thats what I had in there, then I put 7 hole 60hp in and noticed more smoke and less power. Not by much but did notice it. I was trying for eliminate my surging problem on hwy when towing and that was a part of the reason I changed injectors, it seemed to help but then it came back and that's when I rebuilt the alternator and been good ever since. If my surging come back then I'll know for sure it's these injectors. 

I thought 8 holes burn cleaner. 

15 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Alternator is the csuse of the surge. Sad to say mine just gave up today and starting surging randomly so im off to replace an alternator myself.

What's the best option for alternator replacements? Pretty sure mine is on its way out after only a few months of use. I see Mean Green all over performance websites but have also heard Nations is good but they don't carry one for a 1999 without spending $600+ for the high amp

10 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Will have to take a look at this and figure something out, I just want whatever unit to be tested and is properly functioning to make sure the AC noise is within tolerance because i'm pretty sure my ECM is about to take a dump with my FASS not priming until my WTS light comes on which is anywhere between instantly and 20 seconds or so.