• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1997 12 valve purchase

So I'm looking at picking up a project for 3k it basically needs wiring harness dash and engine, whole dash and transmission then put her all back together.  What are your thoughts worth it or not?  I replaced the body on mine already so I kinda know I'm getting into but this is a 12 valve versus 24 valve should be easier right :think:

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/6185014700.html

I got an old farm truck few years back for $2500 just needed to wire up shutoff cilinoid to get it started, it was pretty rusty, but drive train was solid, 5 spd 4.10 4x4 215hp, I should of never sold it. So 3k for a body is way too much. Not saying there are a lot of deals out there but 3k in my mind is getting bent over.

A roller in ok condition goes for 1k. A running driving 2wd normally sells for 3k. I cannot see the link due to restrictions so I am not sure on the quality of the truck. You would basically be looking for a 2 year only harness. Could get even trickier if the truck is a late 97 like mine. Some weird differences in harness'.

Thank you for all the replies, I went and looked at the truck and long story short I pretty much ran away...  he said he had all the nuts and bolts then proceeded to open a large storage container of about 500 nuts bolts and screws all lumped together no labels.  Truck had a turbo fire as well hence all the missing wiring, no dash and new turbo. It is a half ton cab as well no big deal but the cab is clean and bed needs new metal or a donor....