• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have to get one too. Got a leak somewhere. Thought I found one of my boots chafed thru. Turns out there was not a whole there, yet. Must be somewhere else, gonna have to pump it up.

Multiple ways to do it - just make sure it fits your turbo inlet compressor and TIGHT.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l125/pdltrk/Truck August 2010/P1000164640x480640x480.jpg

Posted Image

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab47/oudive/4inchboostleaktesterconnected.jpg

Posted Image

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af163/idahocountryboy/Trucks/tester.jpg

Posted Image

:thumbup2:

What size threads are on a male air hose fitting? 4" plumbers tube is to big, 3" is tight but it will work.

think i just used a drill into the pvc ... and stepped up until it was real tight. USed a lot of pvc glue to help hold the air - no leaks even with that cowboy aussie hack. but if you in lowes/home depot/ace they can help match the threadsize :)

A 4" Fernco like in the last photo is what I was thinking of. You can get them at Lowes or Home Depot. I can only find a 4 to 3 inch one, but the premise is still the same. A 4" fernco will fit the turbo inlet nicely and then you just need to get what it takes to get down to the inlet size for an air fitting. I just was not sure how much pressure the fernco would handle. Apparently enough. They are in the plumbing department.

I got a small piece of 3" pipe, cap and 3" fernco and it took a screwdriver and I nearly broke my finger nail half way off getting them together.

--- Update to the previous post...

Ok, I have a huge leak inbetween the intake plenum and head I guess. I just went and got new gaskets for under and over the grid heater and the leak is still there. Its on the valve cover side so I cant pinpoint the exact spot but its got to be from under the plenum. Is there a gasket under there?

I got a small piece of 3" pipe, cap and 3" fernco and it took a screwdriver and I nearly broke my finger nail half way off getting them together.

Ok, I have a huge leak inbetween the intake plenum and head I guess. I just went and got new gaskets for under and over the grid heater and the leak is still there. Its on the valve cover side so I cant pinpoint the exact spot but its got to be from under the plenum. Is there a gasket under there?

Yes

http://www.crazycarlsturbos.com/Intake-Gasket-Kit-Intake-Gasket-Kit.htm

Take apps/intake off and grid heater .......

Undo injectors Line #1

Slide it back.

Put gasket and plenum back on by sliding it back in - its kinda hard - but doable.

• Like 1

Ok, the guy at cummins couldnt find it when I went an hr ago but I just taked to another parts guy and he found it. I dont have to pull the lines off or anything? Probably the five 8mm bolts that hold the lines to the plenum?

Only #1 you can get it off without taking all lines off. IF you dont mind taking lines off - you will find it easier - its tight sliding it in and out which makes getting gasket in place hard work. Yeah once apps and intake and heater off then the bolts for plenum itself (a couple) ........ thats it :):thumbup2:

I dont want to mess with the lines so I will do like you said. Called cummins and they have one so I guess im going back.

Got it out without pulling any lines, just loosened the clamps on the lines. Do I need to put a little silicone on the bolts when I put it back together?

I dont want to mess with the lines so I will do like you said. Called cummins and they have one so I guess im going back.

Got it out without pulling any lines, just loosened the clamps on the lines. Do I need to put a little silicone on the bolts when I put it back together?

I just used thread lock blue. But yes you can get boost leak through the bolts so something like a gasket/silcone will help also.

I found putting the gasket back in together with the plenum a real PITA. Let us know if you find/have any useful tips on that after your done :thumbup2:

Mine went in really easy, just loosening all the blue clamps.

Got my leaks fixed.

When you first tested booster, was there a loud shrieking sound? Is this normal? Is this the wastegate actuator?