• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck started fine and idle now won't start

Ok so I recently rebuilt my motor and put it back in the truck this week. I got it started fine and to idle but the oil pressure, tachometer, and thermostat gauges were not working. (Oil pressure is fine though I have a mechanical gauge) Did the cluster test and everything worked fine. So I disconnected the batteries and cleaned the 2 grounds to the motor. Put dielectric geese on grounds and tightened. Reconnected the batteries and now my lift pump will not kick in. As well as the gauges still not working. I have double and triple checked that I have everything connected to the correct spots and grounds put back on the motor where they were. I need this truck running before the weekend is over because my buddy that let me borrow his truck is coming back from offshore Monday. Please help

image.jpg

sounds to me like the ecm is not getting power,  the gauges you talk about are all ecm sensor.

getting any CCD error messages in the truck?  

verify the ecm is plugged in and tight?

How did you get it to start and idle?  Did it start one time and then not again?

Edited by Me78569

Not getting any error messages. I will take the fuel filter off and verify the Ecm is plugged in tight. I started it as I have other dodges using the normal bleeding procedure and than it started ran like crap for a bit than started idleing fine once the air worked out. I started a few times after that as well while trying to get the gauges to work. It fired right up like normal. Than redid those grounds and now the lift pump won't even kick in. 

10-4 only bad thing is I had to replace the slave cylinder so I'm following mopar mans video on how to prime it but having troubles with that as well. So can't start till I get that figured out. Lol 1 problem after another.