• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

LED bulbs have no place in a halogen housing.  I have yet to see a good beam pattern that wont blind oncoming traffic in a 2nd gen with OEM style housings.  

If you truly want LED headlights look to retrofit a OEM solution into the housing.  Toyato used them in the recent corolla's

• Owner

There is a lot of poor quality being sold on Ebay, Amazon, etc. It just best to use the correct bulb that is designed for your current headlight housing. So if you still have stock headlights best to stay with the standard halogen blubs. I would advise to get a quality bulb and not a cheapy.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

There is a lot of poor quality being sold on Ebay, Amazon, etc. It just best to use the correct bulb that is designed for your current headlight housing. So if you still have stock headlights best to stay with the standard halogen blubs. I would advise to get a quality bulb and not a cheapy.

So I should not have bought all those oe bulbs when they were an sale on Rock Auto for 2 bucks each? I do seem to have a abundance of bulbs these days. Not to mention when I bought my new housings they came with bulbs. I just need to figure out how to stuff 2 of them in each housing. 

15 hours ago, dobienut said:

Anyone running these bulbs on their 2nd gen ?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121613143001

Like many others have said it.  LED's have no place in any housing that was not designed for them.  Might look excellent from the driver seat, but oncoming traffic will say otherwise.  Listed in order of cost and simplicity.  

Polish the housing if it cloudy.  

Install relays and heavier gauge wire to minimize resistance providing full current capability with the side benefit of taking the load off the switch.

Install sport headlight housings... not the cheap ebay stuff either.  OEM

Projectors... I'm hesitant to recommend that.  Installation and quality components is everything.  It is far from plug and play.

GE 9007 NHX/BP2 Nighthawk Xenon are excellent bulbs.  Better than Silverstars. I have never seen them in a parts store.  Sit down before you price shop.  In addition high performance bulbs have a considerably shorter lifespan.

GE NIGHTHAWK PLATINUM 9004 are my high beam goto bulbs.  Also never seen them in a parts store.

• Like 2