• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well guys, I know the majority of you prefer to level your truck by hooking up a trailer or getting a  bed full of stuff. For some, that doesn't cut it. I'm a bit in between, as I don't mind the rake, but I don't like the full stock rake. 

Anyways, Timbrens are what I decided to go with mainly for the simplistic concept. 

Took all of 8 bolts to unintall the old bump stops and put the new Timbrens in their place.

IMG_5154.JPG.454947bffb442b230dad8e49bf5cd986.JPG

This shows the comprison without the extra 1in spacer Timbren supplies as well. I did end up installing that as well.

IMG_5155.JPG.f072fbcc63a2eb5260fae1be197374e7.JPG

Installed, kinda hard to see.

IMG_5156.JPG.2fb0f526e723bf08105d67048fb8af97.JPGIMG_5157.JPG.58439fd930de1fba674c4f597bf0ec8d.JPG

Measurements were taken in my sloped driveway so I feel they won't be quite as close on a flatter surface. 

Either way I took the truck for a drive and it doesn't feel any more harsh then it did before, so still need more time to decide if it degrades the ride quality, although I'm not sure that ever existed empty.

btw, I chose to add the space in mine and make the bump stops closer only to help keep the truck stay more level or slight forward rake when loaded. If empty ride is that bad I'll either take the spacer out or take the Timbrens out all together if I'm not towing.

I tried those and took them off and resold them after only two trips and i didn't have a load on it. just the everyday road bumps made it feel like it was hammering on solid blocks on every single road crack. In fact it was so bad on my 02 I had to pull over a hundred miles into a road trip and take them off along side the road.

They are more so designed to be used if one had a load on it all the time to where one would have some compression on the springs already definitely NOT for unloaded driving.

I bought mine used as the first owner had the same issue I soon learned this and resold them to someone else that wouldn't listen to reason lol.

Did you drive it with them installed yet to see how they rattle your bones when empty lol?

At least they are easy to remove and install, just keep the threads lubed up so as not to get them rusted up or keep the bolts installed with anti seize or something to keep them from seizing in. Don't know what the winter road conditions are out there in the winter or what type of cancer causing slurry they put down on the roads out there.

Edited by Wild and Free

Yea I've driven it just about every day since install and haven't really noticed much of a difference. If I didn't know they were installed I would just assume that's how a 3/4 ton truck drove. I felt it rode just as bad before the install haha. 

• Owner
On 7/13/2017 at 4:18 PM, notlimah said:

because I didn't want to mess with airing up and down when I needed them. Don't tow often enough to warrant having them on the truck all the time, money lol just a few reasons

I know a few installed air bag system with in cab controls. Just a flick of a switch you can air up or down without even getting out of the cab. So you might still be doing airbags yet...

http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/77A5184A3626280.aspx

firestone control panels

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Well it's only 4 bolts to take them off so it's not difficult by any means. 

Once I lower the front an inch they'll more then likely stay on 24/7 because I should be able to run them without the spacer which will give me more clearance and better ride when empty and still not be nose high with a heavy load.

Another option is to find a leaf spring supplier and replace your rear leafs, mine came from Babcock springs I believe they are progressive and they have a 1 inch lift.  Below is my truck with 285's and about 500 pounds in the bed it honestly rides better than any 2nd gen I've been in, and level with 2500 pounds in the bed.

1500333778163990564512.jpg

Jeebus! Hope that's not your truck! Definitely looks like it's installed upside down because the holes you see on the bottom there should've been screwed into the top!! No bueno!

That end link looks like it's on it's last leg as well!

• Owner
3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Not to steel your thread :hijack: but here is something I just seen, looks like spring is about to fall out. Looks like it's installed up side down. I'm in class for work, going to find the owner and see what he has to say.

597629997c420_2017-07-2412_07_25.jpg.1e1add5aa91998551879d8b4421771fb.jpg

Also look at the sway bar link the stud is bent at a 45-degree angle. Axle angle is wrong most likely because of the lift and creating new geometry on the axle because if the geometry was correct that sway bar link wouldn't be bent over at a 45-degree angle.

Redneck lift kit. I've seen too many of these and people trash good trucks just to look cool then when it cost too much to fix they sell it.