• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going to look at this tonight

Got the rear gate worked on this weekend,  I still have to mock up a latch, but I am very happy at this point.  

I got really sick of the ramp being 1,000,000# and having to bend over to lift it etc.   Wife couldn't do it.  

It was like this.   

tour-i-1.jpg

I gutted the ramp, removed about 100# worth of plywood and rubber,  then reinforced the door with metal as seen below.  I put the ramp up, locked it in place, then welded 4x hinges, 2 on each side.  I then used a straight edge to cut down the door at 2' on the left to give us a tack door.

IMG_20171112_133459.jpg

I still have some cleanup to do, grind the edges etc, but I am happy. 

Next is that back brace on the floor is getting cut out and replaced due to rust,  After that the floor goes in and we are ready to use it to move the ***, I mean horse.  

In other related news the state finally gave me a title for this thing.  I am the proud owner of this bad boy according to the state of colorado.

• Like 1

Took time this morning to cut out the rusted back cross beam.   I welded in a piece of metal that was left over from the saddle rack we dont use anymore.

I also welded in a 1.5" square tube for a floor support in the rear.  

IMG_20171119_112509.jpg

We are ready to replace the floor now.  next paycheck we will head to home depot and get some 2 x 6's.    I have some rewiring to do now to replace the wires I burnt up when welding haha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

payday!!!

New floor time

IMG_20171201_143840.jpg

Pro Tip,  If you are gonna use different size boards that came out, make sure you measure ot make sure they will fit without having to rip...

I swore they were 2 x 6 to start, but they where 2 x 8.... oh well  

• 8 months later...

Finally got time and $$ to do some work on the living quarters

IMG_20180902_160039.jpgIMG_20180902_160110.jpgIMG_20180902_163725.jpgIMG_20180902_163739.jpgIMG_20180902_164034.jpg

Roof got rubber coating paint.  Still waiting on one more roll of ethrenabond tape the. We will finish the roof and it will be leak free.

Got 2 chairs and steps built,   we also built a counter for the stove and food prep.

Put in cheap flooring from home Depot.  

Total about$350 to do all of it.  Still need to do walls but I am done until next payday.

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 3