• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going to look at this tonight

Good score!  Better than Tiffany's almost most recent purchase..... an 04 Featherlite that had bent doors, a divider ripped out of the wall, and a floor that separated from the walls..... "but it's only 9300!  Fix it up and it's a 16k trailer!" Horse women, I tell ya

Edited by trreed

well I have a full weekend ahead of me.

- Full trailer rewire, was gonna do this regardless. 

- replace lights

- repack bearings

- go over brakes / test / fix

- start cleaning roof to reseal

- figure out mounting for battery and propane

- figure out how to put battery in line for charging while on road allowing for disconnect while camping

- start the process of cutting out divider wall

- wirewheel rust / pour 15 

- in depth floor review

- drink beer

• Like 1

Propane is easy to mount.  Personally I'd build walls to actually hold the tanks in place and prevent rocks/road crap from getting in there.

p107.jpg.df540558fc5822417bbb8cb6272818ae.jpg

Easiest way I've seen to wire the battery in line is to run the hot pin from the truck directly to the battery, then just unplug the trailer when camping. Is that the safest way to do it? Debatable.

Mounting the battery is another question, in the picture above you can see a shelf above the spare tire that looks like it has a battery in it..  The rest is easy, especially the last (should be first or middle) task!

Edited by trreed

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

figure out how to put battery in line for charging while on road allowing for disconnect while camping

You should have a hot wire coming back to your trailer hitch wiring. That should go straight to the battery on the trailer.  That's how factory camp trailers are.

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Yea I need a welder,  I have rivets at this point to use.  

we will see what I get done.

I've got a cheap welder for sale.