• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going to look at this tonight

59 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

Any fish ?

I don't want to talk about it

1 hour ago, Killer223 said:

Side note, when cutting metal, most of the time it's faster and easier to use a sawzall.

I might give that a try, I didn't even consider that due to the welds and size of the metal..... I feel dumb

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

My 31 foot is just as bad but much lighter than yours Dripley. :whistle2:

Even if I down size I think I would stick with the fifth wheel but you never. You are right about the weight. I am right at 15k

1 hour ago, Killer223 said:

i love my 5th wheel, not sure i could ever go back to a bumper pull travel trailer. mine was sold as a 33', but measures 34.4

all told loaded with everthing we use to camp for a week, the UTV side by side, 120Gallon water and food, firewood, yada yada. i'm just under 13K. but had been over 14K once. it tows like a dream. winds don't bother it. lots of room for wife and 2 kids n a dog. and a 4 seater Can-Am Commander UTV. mpg's are nice too. usually around 10-12 pending how fast i go.

Side note, when cutting metal, most of the time it's faster and easier to use a sawzall.

Dont get me wrong I like a fifth wheel. Mines about 15k loaded. It handles well. The 13' of height will catch some wind but no white knuckles driving it and I average 11 mpg. I try for 65 and under. Just bigger than I want now.

• Staff
4 hours ago, Killer223 said:

i have a plasma cutter that i think I've used 4 times. rest of time it's a sawzall. it's faster and cleaner than firing the cutter up. just  a few blades. 

The oscillation plunge cutter works wonders in hard to reach places. I couldn't get a sazall blade to get in there when cutting off some welded in Air Bags. Welded to the goose neck frame it buzzed them right off. Nice and loud though:ahhh:

Nick is your son name Arizona? :lol3:

Dripley, is it true a fifth wheel helps save marriages? I heard cause a guy has a pretty good place to go to when goin gets rough.:poke::bolt:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2017 at 7:13 PM, Killer223 said:

i have a plasma cutter that i think I've used 4 times. rest of time it's a sawzall. it's faster and cleaner than firing the cutter up. just  a few blades. 

yea the sawzall is making easy work of the wall... I feel dumb for not thinking of that.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:11 AM, Me78569 said:

not yet,  I had the plywood from the floor so I wanted to use up the scrap.  still not even sure where the tank will sit.

Keep it simple.  Put a shelf above the sink for a 5 gallon water jug.  The water supply could be gravity fed and you wouldn't need a pump.