• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High idle switch

• Owner

Yeah, that's a current version setup. Also looks like it's in good condition.

Typically you toggle the mode BEFORE you start. So select 3 CYL or 6CYL for cold start. Then start the truck as normal. It should rise up in RPM within 5 minutes typically. It will not instantly rise up there is a period of time before the idle rises. It will step up slowly in about 100-150 RPM bumps till it reaches 1,200 RPM

3 CYL will not work if the coolant temp is above 140*F already.

6 CYL should work at any coolant temperature. 

If the high idle software isn't enabled it will not engage high idle no matter how long you wait... A lot of people have issues with a Dodge Dealer and getting the high idle enable correctly. Smarty tuner is the easiest just flash a tune then flash back to stock.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Thank you mopar man I have been trying to use it wrong I have been trying to use it after starting. I will try it before I start and give y'all an update thank you for the help

Well it didn't work. I'm goin to have to find someone around ft worth Tx with a smarty that I can throw 50 there way to use it

• 2 weeks later...