• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best most affordable extended control arms

Im purchasing Carli starter kit for my 01, I have 33" tires and from my understanding i need control arms that are 1/2" extended to push the axle forward back under the truck. Carli's control arms are $700 that seems outrageous to me. Just wondering what you all suggest for control arms, i still want good quality just wondering if there are cheaper options. And is 1/2" the correct added length im looking for? Thanks yall

You don't NEED control arms, but they would push the axle back to where it would be with no lift.

I'm currently running 285's with stock control arms and no rubbing or alignment issues. Before this I was running 315's with stock control arms and only a slight rubbing at full lock. Probably not necessary but if you wanted everything to be perfect compared to how it would be stock then sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread it relates to this subject. Where is a good place to get all front bolts or at least the front ones that my guess is rusted in place, cam bolts etc. Rockauto has cam bolt but it looks to be aftermarket and almost home made. Looking for original ones if possible, I'm sure we can get away using regular bolts from hardware store ecept the cam bolts. We all know dealer can get them anyone else. 

42 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Didn't want to start a new thread it relates to this subject. Where is a good place to get all front bolts or at least the front ones that my guess is rusted in place, cam bolts etc. Rockauto has cam bolt but it looks to be aftermarket and almost home made. Looking for original ones if possible, I'm sure we can get away using regular bolts from hardware store ecept the cam bolts. We all know dealer can get them anyone else. 

Look in the part lookup tool, get the part number and do a google search.

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

So I looked in the part lookup tool, and there are no "cam bolts". It's just a straight bolt that uses the two cam plates to adjust it. Page 32 has all of the part numbers for the bolts. https://mopar1973man.com/external-media/pdf/2002Ramparts.pdf#view=FitB&page=32

• Thanks 1

Tfaro and OP,

I think it is GM that uses a flat bolt and two washers. 

The lower control arm (LCA) front bolt is made with the washer on one side,  the nut side is loose and a different part number.

06505742AA   Is the bolt with eccentric washer  (16mm diameter)

06505741AA  Is the washer for the other side. (16mm diameter)  

06505444AA  is the normal bolt (16mm)

06102252AA is the nuts (16mm)

The upper (UCA)stuff is:(you have to be careful...)

06504989AA  is the normal bolt (14mm)

06502698  is the nut 14mm 

Be careful, there are some trucks that use all the same diameter bolts for lower control arm and upper control arm (14mm I think).  Mine uses the 14mm on the upper and 16mm on lower, but I have an 01.5, so very late manufacture.    

Good luck  hope that helps!    

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

DOR makes some VERY high quality parts. I've had his track bar on my 96' for a few years now and would buy it again without  hesitation . 

The main issue with DOR (at least in the past) is that it's a one man show. If something is in stock he will get it shipped out within a day or two. If it's not in stock, well, good luck. 

Edited by The_Hammer